Should I hold my breath for the i6?

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I currently have the LG G3 and an iPad Air... I previously owned the iPhone 5. I'm not happy with my LG G3 for the simple fact that it overheats WAYYY too easily and, well, the Android interface is buggy.

I know I don't want to get the iphone 5S because of the same reason why I sold off my i5. The screen size is wayy to small. Right now I'm thinking for going for the 5.5" version but I want to see them both in the store to decide.

Anyway, if ALL of the rumors I have below are true, should I hold my breath for the i6 and purchase it as a JUMP! upgrade?
  1. reversable lightning connector
  2. ios 8
  3. two different screen sizes
  4. bigger battery
  5. 128GB storage

I would be trying to keep this phone for the next 2 years (at least) and I would be getting the 64 or 128GB variants... (haven't decided... 64GB is more than enough on my iPad though so idk)

What I am worried about mainly is missing the customization features that android has and dumping it due to that. I really want to stay away from Samsung cause I'm tired of owning their devices lol and this LG G3 has made me lose confidence in LG... the HTC One M8 is the only android left and that screen is too small... Hence why I am considering the i6. I know it works, I know it will not overheat, I know it will last for 10 years at least (maybe not with updates but the phone itself will last), & I know it has the applications I want/need (though it is missing a period calendar (or at least one that is any good).. I could use the calendar app for that though).

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I would upgrade from a phone as new as the G3, BUT if you have an older iphone,or older Android (or whatever) maybe.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

I would ask myself whether the lesser customisation features on iOS were a deal breaker or if I would prefer having a more stable phone. If you can answer those questions, I think you'll know your answer.

And regardless of whether the G3 is new, if it doesn't do it for you then get rid of it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This^^^^^^.

As far as the device irself, I'm wondering whether to jump on the 4.7 or to wait to see what develops about the 5.5. I DO want an iPhone phablet SO BADLY!!!! I just don't think I can wait....I might get it and then the larger one might show up and I'd be SO upset.

ugh.....I don't know what to do....

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This^^^^^^.

As far as the device irself, I'm wondering whether to jump on the 4.7 or to wait to see what develops about the 5.5. I DO want an iPhone phablet SO BADLY!!!! I just don't think I can wait....I might get it and then the larger one might show up and I'd be SO upset.

Now THAT is what I want an iPhone phablet!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Technically, you shouldn't hold your breath at all...it'd be difficult to use the iPhone (or any phone for that matter) if you're unconscious.

If you're essentially asking us if we think you'd be happy with an iPhone vs. your current device, who knows? I know I'll be buying the new iPhone, but I also already have an iPhone and have no plans to venture outside of that for a new device so my opinion is completely useless to you...as are most, since none of us can really tell YOU what will make you happy in the end.

These threads are such an odd thing to observe. Sign of the new generation I think...oh well.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You've just got to weigh the options. Do you want to give up the larger screen and customization of Android for the one-hand usable and more user friendly UI? It all just comes down to what you want at the end of day :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just want to see if you can hold your breath that long....so yeah hold your breath....LOL (just kidding). The only sure thing on your list is iOS8...everything else are just rumors until Sept 9th

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

So much this.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I made it a whole minute for holding my breath... I guess my lungs aren't that strong. LOL :p

Since I have the T-Mobile JUMP! Program I can upgrade via the JUMP! twice a year. I have to wait 6 months for the first phone during the year but after that I can use the JUMP! program and then I can use it one additional time, anytime.
Let me explain,
I had the iPhone 5 earlier last year. Didn't like that phone so I paid it off via the JUMP! Program, sold it, and got the Samsung Galaxy S4. Well, I hate outstanding debt like this so I paid the Samsung Galaxy S4 off. I used it for about 8 months and then when the LG G3 came out I had the upgrade via the JUMP! program available so I was able to purchase it and give my dad my S4. Well, the LG G3 was hell in a phone case. I couldn't go outside in the 90*F heat (which is normal for AL-where I was staying-and FL-where I am staying now) without the device heating and staying at 100*F. I was within the 14 day return policy with my THIRD LG G3 (yes Customer Care replaced it twice with brand new devices. I say 3 strikes and you're out with anything and everything) so I returned it and traded it in. My first ever JUMP! program upgrade, the others I paid off so they cancelled out the JUMP! upgrade like I didn't even have a phone on the line, if that makes sense. Well, I had to go to a store but that was fine. I was deciding between the S5, Note 3, and iPhone 5S and decided on the iPhone 5S because I made sure with the Customer Care rep afterwards and the rep at the store that I could upgrade again once the iPhone 6 came out and I can, even if that is within a month.
With the iPhone 6 upgrade I can upgrade at any time but if I decide to trade in the i6 and go back to android, I have to keep the android for 6 months OR pay it off.
I've never kept any of these phones (besides the S4) that long which is why I really want to decide about this. I want to try to keep my phone a year or two...

I hope that all makes sense!

Anyway, I think I have decided to get the iPhone 6 when it does come out... definitely the 5.5" phablet version. I'm just not 100% sure if I will return it... I doubt it though cause my mom is getting one and I'll have a reason to have iMessage within the family. LOL I'm the weird person that just LOOOOVES iMessage. I don't care about Facetime or any other app, iMessage wins! XD
iOS 8 looks to be AMAZING though. I cannot wait until I can text from my iPad. It will give me a reason to use that darn thing! LOL

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for the iPhone 6 to come out, take a test drive at the store, and then go with your gut. It's too difficult to speculate on a product that hasn't been announced yet.
Let us know what you come up with.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I made it a whole minute for holding my breath... I guess my lungs aren't that strong. LOL :p

Since I have the T-Mobile JUMP! Program I can upgrade via the JUMP! twice a year. I have to wait 6 months for the first phone during the year but after that I can use the JUMP! program and then I can use it one additional time, anytime.
Let me explain,
I had the iPhone 5 earlier last year. Didn't like that phone so I paid it off via the JUMP! Program, sold it, and got the Samsung Galaxy S4. Well, I hate outstanding debt like this so I paid the Samsung Galaxy S4 off. I used it for about 8 months and then when the LG G3 came out I had the upgrade via the JUMP! program available so I was able to purchase it and give my dad my S4. Well, the LG G3 was hell in a phone case. I couldn't go outside in the 90*F heat (which is normal for AL-where I was staying-and FL-where I am staying now) without the device heating and staying at 100*F. I was within the 14 day return policy with my THIRD LG G3 (yes Customer Care replaced it twice with brand new devices. I say 3 strikes and you're out with anything and everything) so I returned it and traded it in. My first ever JUMP! program upgrade, the others I paid off so they cancelled out the JUMP! upgrade like I didn't even have a phone on the line, if that makes sense. Well, I had to go to a store but that was fine. I was deciding between the S5, Note 3, and iPhone 5S and decided on the iPhone 5S because I made sure with the Customer Care rep afterwards and the rep at the store that I could upgrade again once the iPhone 6 came out and I can, even if that is within a month.
With the iPhone 6 upgrade I can upgrade at any time but if I decide to trade in the i6 and go back to android, I have to keep the android for 6 months OR pay it off.
I've never kept any of these phones (besides the S4) that long which is why I really want to decide about this. I want to try to keep my phone a year or two...

I hope that all makes sense!

Anyway, I think I have decided to get the iPhone 6 when it does come out... definitely the 5.5" phablet version. I'm just not 100% sure if I will return it... I doubt it though cause my mom is getting one and I'll have a reason to have iMessage within the family. LOL I'm the weird person that just LOOOOVES iMessage. I don't care about Facetime or any other app, iMessage wins! XD
iOS 8 looks to be AMAZING though. I cannot wait until I can text from my iPad. It will give me a reason to use that darn thing! LOL

I have a feeling you'll love the iPhone 6 :)

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I know I don't want to get the iphone 5S because of the same reason why I sold off my i5. The screen size is wayy to small.

What I am worried about mainly is missing the customization features that android has and dumping it due to that.
The Moto X+1 will have a 5.2" screen and should have a dev ed for both ATT and Verizon with unlockable bootloaders. It will be announced on Thursday and released in September. The TMobile retail version should have an unlockable bootloader.

The Motorola Nexus X will have a 5.9" screen and be released around Halloween. As it is a Nexus, it will have an unlockable bootloader.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X+1 will have a 5.2" screen and should have a dev ed for both ATT and Verizon with unlockable bootloaders. It will be announced on Thursday and released in September. The TMobile retail version should have an unlockable bootloader.

The Motorola Nexus X will have a 5.9" screen and be released around Halloween. As it is a Nexus, it will have an unlockable bootloader.
I would love a Nexus X, but if the rumored 5.9" screen is real, I would't even consider it. That is wayyyy too big.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Most will more likely wait that know what might be coming down the pipe... But your avg consumer who has know clue until it hits the shelves in their carrier stores or Apple Outlet, But those who also might be on to year terms, vs one year terms might also consider getting one on release day and then purchasing another later on.

I have a feeling some devices will be sold from people who want one and not the other.....

I have not decided either, but maybe on release day I will be able to choose a lot easier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711