Will An 1,810 mAh Battery Be Sufficient For The 4.7" iPhone 6?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It had been first rumored that the 4.7" iPhone 6 would get a 2,100 mAh battery to power the larger 4.7" screened iPhone 6. But recent leaked battery photos show it to be 1,810 mAh. That's a modest increase over the 1,560 mAh found on the iPhone 5s. I'm tech ignorant about these batteries. If the 1,810 mAh is it, do you think it enough to power the larger 4.7" screen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but if the recent leaks are true then it's safe to assume that it is. In any case, we'll know soon enough....:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Well from what I've gathered from the info on the A8 chip, it's basically supposed to be focused on speed (obviously) with a big focus on power management and energy efficiency. This is all rumors though, but we'll find out soon enough. I'd assume it will be enough though :)

paxafe

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
It will not be! New iPhones will have Metal API and a powerful backend for it, much powerful CPU and mem, and plus they will have bigger screens. So 1810 mAh battery would not be sufficient for them.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It will not be! New iPhones will have Metal API and a powerful backend for it, much powerful CPU and mem, and plus they will have bigger screens. So 1810 mAh battery would not be sufficient for them.

Well the processor will obviously be more power efficient, so I would assume it will have sufficient battery life, but we'll see. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not if you actually use the device. It will be like the 5s which with any type of good usage it needs charged multiple times a day. That's only real gripe I have with the 5s

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Even the current battery in the 5S is not enough if all features of the phone are turned on. Always need to turn off some features in or there to have a descent life out of the battery. The next coming iPhone will have a worse issue with battery unless you decide to use it as a phone, or unless you go mophie.
Activating location services, apple store nearby services, spotlight fully enable, 4g activate and other new features coming along with ios 8, noway 1800mah is enough for 8h of usage time at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Even the current battery in the 5S is not enough if all features of the phone are turned on. Always need to turn off some features in or there to have a descent life out of the battery. The next coming iPhone will have a worse issue with battery unless you decide to use it as a phone, or unless you go mophie.
Activating location services, apple store nearby services, spotlight fully enable, 4g activate and other new features coming along with ios 8, noway 1800mah is enough for 8h of usage time at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And that is one of the main things apple liked to bash android devices for was having to turn off features to get good battery life. Just wish apple would put more focus on battery and less on paper thin. I have yet to hear someone complain that their iPhone is too thick. Make it iPhone 4s thickness with a huge battery.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The size of the battery and the chip are important but do is OS and app optimisation.
Let's see how they do this.
Battery life is a huge deal for me. I hope I can still make it through one work day as I do now.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just from observing, I have noticed a lot of people that do have problems with the battery life. How many hours of screen on time do you have? Just curious to see how everyone's usage is on them.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just from observing, I have noticed a lot of people that do have problems with the battery life. How many hours of screen on time do you have? Just curious to see how everyone's usage is on them.

I am usually lucky if i am able to get 4.5 hours of usage, if even that much. I will post a screen shot tonight once it goes back on the charger.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The size of the battery and the chip are important but do is OS and app optimisation.
Let's see how they do this.
Battery life is a huge deal for me. I hope I can still make it through one work day as I do now.

I usually get around 14 hours during the week. I get around 16-24 when I'm on wifi at home.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods