Are you ready and excited for the new upcoming iPhone 6?

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Not really since my plan will not allow for a subdizied phone I doubt I will be willing to pay full price for one even if I could afford it. I mean full price is rumored to be in the $600-&700 range . Now if apple will allow a discount for current iphone customers I might

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Not really since my plan will not allow for a subdizied phone I doubt I will be willing to pay full price for one even if I could afford it. I mean full price is rumored to be in the $600-&700 range . Now if apple will allow a discount for current iphone customers I might

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what I typically do is sell my current iphone in July/August, use that money to pay the difference of the full price, it tends to equal the 2 yr cost maybe a tad more but well under 7-800 bucks.

disneychik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
New here, but I'm dying to get this new phone, or rather my poor 4s is! Lost my camera back in March. Checked with Apple, would need new camera, past time for upgrade, but have been holding out for the 6! Know how hard it is to NOT be able to take pictures? And yesterday, my phone went black...Siri was there, but that's all. Poor things on it's last leg....and yep, I did a hard reboot. :(

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I started saving a while back. Like in January. ��

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Sadly for me, but I won't be getting the iPhone 6 on launch day unless some miracle happens, as I spent over $3k on my credit card getting my 27in custom built iMac and HK SoundSticks III speakers. Please live the dream for me please. :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sadly for me, but I won't be getting the iPhone 6 on launch day unless some miracle happens, as I spent over $3k on my credit card getting my 27in custom built iMac and HK SoundSticks III speakers. Please live the dream for me please. :(
Not to worry! I can't upgrade until February. But except for bigger screen, the real goodies come with iOS 8. My iPhone 5 will seem like new with iOS 8. Plus, I get to watch everyone else OOOH and AAHH with their new 6. The reviews will tell me which to buy. Maybe.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Darn. At least you're gonna get OS X Yosemite! You can live the dream of having an amazing Mac while I live the dream of having an amazing phone :)

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to upgrading my 5 to the 6. The 4.7 rumoured screen size sounds perfect to me. I will stick with the 6 for 3 years or 4 if no new feature takes my fancy. Not sure to wait for the 6 to be out for a couple of months before buying just incase there is some teething problems or pre-order the Friday after the event.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to upgrading my 5 to the 6. The 4.7 rumoured screen size sounds perfect to me. I will stick with the 6 for 3 years or 4 if no new feature takes my fancy. Not sure to wait for the 6 to be out for a couple of months before buying just incase there is some teething problems or pre-order the Friday after the event.
That's like me. The 6 will be it for maybe 4 years. It would take some mighty powerful new hardware to do otherwise. A slightly better camera won't do it. I will be looking forward to iOS 9 and 10.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's like me. The 6 will be it for maybe 4 years. It would take some mighty powerful new hardware to do otherwise. A slightly better camera won't do it. I will be looking forward to iOS 9 and 10.

I'm sticking with my 5S. This is an amazing device and will be even better with iOS 8. I don't want a larger iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 5S. This is an amazing device and will be even better with iOS 8. I don't want a larger iPhone.
I'm still considering upgrading to the 5s if the price is right. Great deals coming. Maybe free on contract. Most likely $49.99. Then buy an iPad mini retina.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If the keynote satisfies me, I'll go iPhone. If not, I may try something like an LG G3 for a year. I switch off every now and then. The HTC One I had for a while last year was invaluable to me (I had just had major eye surgery), mainly because the stock browser had that really neat text auto-formatting feature which no iPhone browser has had to date.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Im ready to upgrade from my 4S, I am hoping the 6 is worth it or I guess I will hop over to android. Excited for September 9th!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the keynote satisfies me, I'll go iPhone. If not, I may try something like an LG G3 for a year. I switch off every now and then. The HTC One I had for a while last year was invaluable to me (I had just had major eye surgery), mainly because the stock browser had that really neat text auto-formatting feature which no iPhone browser has had to date.
I totally relate. I just need something with a bigger screen to see better. It gets really difficult to read a lot of the articles, blogs and even printed text in apps these days. It all looks like washed out light gray. Some I can't read at all unless I can zoom it. It's what the Facetune developer told me was the "Modern Design Sensibilities". I had another word for it, but kept it to myself. He did promise to work with the team to make the app more readable.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I totally relate. I just need something with a bigger screen to see better. It gets really difficult to read a lot of the articles, blogs and even printed text in apps these days. It all looks like washed out light gray. Some I can't read at all unless I can zoom it. It's what the Facetune developer told me was the "Modern Design Sensibilities". I had another word for it, but kept it to myself. He did promise to work with the team to make the app more readable.

A lot of the new apps designed for iOS 7 seem to be low-contrast affairs. I don't like the trend.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm hopeful about the iPhone 6, but many of the most recent leaks have me feeling nervous that I won't like it. If the protruding camera ring is in fact what we'll see, I'll be passing on the 6 since that would be a deal breaker for me. I personally feel that would look awful from a design perspective. I'm also not a fan of the bands that we've seen on the back of the 6. Again, I know these are just leaks, but with the announcement only a short time away, I'm fearful these leaks are becoming more accurate. If the iPhone 6 looks like them, I'll probably hang on to my 5S or pick up a G3 or an S5.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I will send you all my ooooooh and ahhhhhhh vibes got you to enjoy with me.

The only way I would not get this device on launch day is if I can't find a gold 64G. Having experienced last year's inventory problems, I'm a wee bit worried.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I will send you all my ooooooh and ahhhhhhh vibes got you to enjoy with me.

The only way I would not get this device on launch day is if I can't find a gold 64G. Having experienced last year's inventory problems, I'm a wee bit worried.

LOL thank you. Take lots of pics of the device for me. ;) :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen