One month to go!

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok folks: one month to go (I hope) until the iPhone 6 is unveiled! I'm just counting down the days. I can't wait!

If I do get the iPhone 6, I will probably wait until November or March at the latest because the demand will be easier than in September, as I've found in the past.

Here's hoping that the 5.5" 128 GB will be out by November or March. I'd like an iWatch with it as well!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I want so badly to believe that a 128GB version will be offered but I just don't see it happening. We have heard rumors the last two years that this option was coming, along with NFC, and neither came true.

Unless a lot of things leak in the next 30 days, which is possible, this will be quite the intriguing release. There is a TON we still don't know about. Will the antenna bands stay? All metal back or part glass back? 128GB option? Will the smallest size start at 32GB? How about this protruding camera lens, MP size, Optical Image Stabilization or not? What will the screen resolution be? NFC? Special sensors? Haptic feedback? Sapphire display or not? Recessed volume buttons? Will the power switch move to the side? How big will the battery truly be? How many GB of Ram (or do we even care)? Whats the clock speed on the processor? Will we even see the 5.5" on the 9th? Will it be a 'pro' version?

There are A LOT of unanswered questions even with the all of the rumors and leaks :)

2RC

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone disappointed at the probable specs of iPhone 6? I'm really considering switching to Windows Phone. Lumia line is just great ...

I mean, 10mpx camera? Really?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone disappointed at the probable specs of iPhone 6? I'm really considering switching to Windows Phone. Lumia line is just great ...

Haven't we all learned by now that specs on an iPhone don't mean squat? I'm sure even with a 10 mp camera it will still shoot better pics then 90% of smartphones out there.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

First of all, NO specs have been published or stated by Apple, so this is a totally moot point.

But with that said, there is more to a quality camera than just the sensor size.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Specs on an iPhone don't matter. Look at the 5s vs any of the leading flagship Android devices. Let's look at the Nexus 5 for example, because it was released 1 month after the 5s. The iPhone has a dual-core 1.3 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM. The Nexus has a quad-core 2.3 GHz processor with 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 5s outperforms the Nexus 5 both in benchmarks and in real-world performance. This just proves that specs on an iPhone don't really matter.

Then look at the cameras. The iPhone 5s has an 8 mp camera while the Galaxy S5 has a 13(?) mp camera. The 5s still has the best camera out of all smartphones still. More than mp count matters in camera performance.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Specs on an iPhone don't matter. Look at the 5s vs any of the leading flagship Android devices. Let's look at the Nexus 5 for example, because it was released 1 month after the 5s. The iPhone has a dual-core 1.3 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM. The Nexus has a quad-core 2.3 GHz processor with 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 5s outperforms the Nexus 5 both in benchmarks and in real-world performance. This just proves that specs on an iPhone don't really matter.

Then look at the cameras. The iPhone 5s has an 8 mp camera while the Galaxy S5 has a 13(?) mp camera. The 5s still has the best camera out of all smartphones still. More than mp count matters in camera performance.

The Galaxy S5 has 16MP camera.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Guess what? The Galaxy S5 has 4 more MP than my DSLR... What to guess which one takes better pics?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You don't get your new iPhone 6 until Christmas? I bet it'll be under your tree, and you'll be sneaking in at night playing with it, then wrapping it back up before you get caught. :D

I'm just kidding, I'm buying it on launch day. I'm using that same app too count down to the keynote and launch day :)

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Nope, not disappointed at all. If there's anything 3-4ish years of iOS products has taught me, effiiciency is more important than specs. Check out any benchmarks and the A7 absolutely crushes it's quad-core 2+ GHz competition in all tests. I think the M8 is the only phone that beats the 5S by any significant margin. The 1500 mAh battery lasts only 1 hour less than the S5's 2800 mAh battery. And the absolutely amazing double-digit mpx cameras from other phones are on even ground with the 5S 8 mpx camera.

The only thing that needs an upgrade (IMO) is screen resolution, which needs to go at least to 1080p for the new, bigger screens (although I'd still be fine with a lower resolution if Apple is adamant about the 326 pip number), and RAM because I constantly face the issue of reloading apps if I leave too many open for too long.

But disappointing? No. Considering that the leaks mention a better battery, processor and everything else, I'm confident it will blow all flagship androids out of the water.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Your camera comment I would have to disagree with,,,,, I've had every iPhone model ever made, except the 5c of course :).

The camera on my current Galaxy S5 is way better picture quality wise than the 5s,

I totally plan on switching back to the iPhone now that bigger screen sizes are coming,,, that was the main reason I ditched all my iPhones, those 3.5" and 4" screen sizes were just small.

I'm betting the picture quality of the the upcoming 6 "will" be better than the S5 though,,,, but with picture quality of the S5 vs the 5s,,,, the S5 wins hands down, no contest,,,,, I did side by side comparisons myself and those were my results,,,,,,, and also the results of a ton of YouTube videos as well,,, and many websites.

I do love my Galaxy S5,,,, but I'm dying to get the new 6 on day one !!!!

Cheers
Davyo

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've owned both the S5 and 5S as well and I wouldn't say in my experience the S5 camera wins 'hands down'. There are instances where the S5 was better, but not in others (particularly low light situations). But you'll have that given the hardware on the S5 is 6-7 months newer.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox