iPhone 6 Release:September or October?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Recently a rumor came out from a person with ties to Apple saying that the iPhone 6 will launch October 14, which is a Tuesday, with a keynote a month prior on September 16. Many people still think that the launch will still be in September, falling on the 19th, with a keynote on the 9th or 10th.

Personally I think we will still see a September launch, because October would be too late and would conflict with the iPad announcement and sales. What does everyone else think?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's all rumors so far. I doubt seriously that Apple would have the keynote and the release a month apart. Don't see that happening.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Like everyone else said, just a rumor. But I don't see there being a month between.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really concerned when it happens. I can wait. Very content with my iOS devices currently. It won't stop me from being excited about the new products though. I'm just not feeling impatient about the launch dates.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really concerned when it happens. I can wait. Very content with my iOS devices currently. It won't stop me from being excited about the new products though. I'm just not feeling impatient about the launch dates.

'nuf said...:)

Ohleo

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1406907733.224448.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1406907733.224448.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 114

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I think:
Keynote: September 16th
4.7" iPhone: September 26th
5.5" iPhone: October 10th

That would make sense, considering that the 2 phones may not launch side by side but instead have a staggered release. Plus the 5.5" is supposed to start production sometime in August, so it does seem like it would launch a little later.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
If I even buy the iPhone 6, which I'm not sure about yet, I will either buy it in November or March. So if the release date is in October I will keep my iPhone and iPad until March when demand has died down a bit. My phone upgrade is in November of next year, so if I buy the iPhone 6 in March by paying full retail price, then I'll pay the regular price by trading in the 6 for the 6s in November.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently a rumor came out from a person with ties to Apple saying that the iPhone 6 will launch October 14, which is a Tuesday, with a keynote a month prior on September 16. Many people still think that the launch will still be in September, falling on the 19th, with a keynote on the 9th or 10th.

Personally I think we will still see a September launch, because October would be too late and would conflict with the iPad announcement and sales. What does everyone else think?

I think it will be september unless apple wants to wait and release the iPhone 6 the same time as yosemite since those two tie in together so well. But I still think apple will launch the iPhone in September and then users just wait for Yosemite until Oct.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me thinks:
4.7":
Keynote Sept. 8th
Release Sept. 19th
iOS release Sept. 17th
5.5" iPhone 6 & iWatch
Keynote Oct. 13th
Release Oct. 24th for Phone.
Mid Nov. for iWatch
:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

'nuf said...:)

I wish I felt the same. I get a new device every year & I'm getting a bit bored with my 5S. Yes, it still works great but I love new stuff LOL

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I wish I felt the same. I get a new device every year & I'm getting a bit bored with my 5S. Yes, it still works great but I love new stuff LOL

I'm just like this as well. But I'm trying to change! I want to hold out for the 6s. As I can't justify buying myself a 6.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711