Is having two speakers on future iPhones important to you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read a post where it was stated that having two speakers on an upcoming iPhone is basically a deal breaker, so it got me to wondering how many others feel the same way. Personally, I'm satisfied with the one speaker it currently has. I rarely listen to music on my device and when I do, it's almost always with my earphones, and that's what I prefer. There are times when I connect it to my surround sound system to listen to music. Still, having dual speakers is not a concern or requirement for me in regard to the iPhone, but that's Just Me, D...:)

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It's important to me. The iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and 15" MacBook Pro Retina have dual speakers (that is, two speaker grilles). The iPhone 5c, 5th gen iPod Touch, and mockups of the iPhone 6 don't (they have one single speaker on the bottom right side of the device).

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think two speakers on an iPhone is necessary. However, I would love to have stereo speakers on the iPad. I have a Kindle Fire HDX and an iPad 3. The sound coming from the Kindle is so much more immersive, rich and vibrant. Some games I play take advantage of the stereo sound, and it does make a big difference.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think two speakers on an iPhone is necessary. However, I would love to have stereo speakers on the iPad. I have a Kindle Fire HDX and an iPad 3. The sound coming from the Kindle is so much more immersive, rich and vibrant. Some games I play take advantage of the stereo sound, and it does make a big difference.

I'm hoping that Apple will put in Beats Audio technology to their future devices.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
How about this...for the iPad, Beats audio and 4 speakers, one in each corner. That way you get proper stereo sound no matter what orientation you have your iPad. The correct pair of speakers will turn on depending on if you have the iPad in portrait mode or landscape mode. I know...dream on.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
How about this...for the iPad, Beats audio and 4 speakers, one in each corner. That way you get proper stereo sound no matter what orientation you have your iPad. The correct pair of speakers will turn on depending on if you have the iPad in portrait mode or landscape mode. I know...dream on.

If an iPad, iPhone, or MBP had that feature, they'd be on my wish list!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer two speakers, but TBO, if I'm out I'm using my earphones. and at home have it piped through system speakers via bluetooth.
so not that important.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's important to me. The iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and 15" MacBook Pro Retina have dual speakers (that is, two speaker grilles). The iPhone 5c, 5th gen iPod Touch, and mockups of the iPhone 6 don't (they have one single speaker on the bottom right side of the device).

Why is having dual speakers on your iPhone so important?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Why is having dual speakers on your iPhone so important?

Having dual speaker grilles (not dual speakers) is important for me because all of my devices would have it (iPhone 5s, iPad Air, 15" MBPr (I hope soon)). So design wise, it is important for me. I pay attention to small details so even details like this mean a lot to me in general.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No big deal for me. When I listen to anything on my phone I have headphones on. When others are around I use a Bluetooth speaker.

Now I do watch movies on my iPad so that would be nice.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I usually have headphones, and the times when I don't it doesn't really matter. Dual speakers aren't a deal breaker for me :)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not very important to me. I usually use a bluetooth speaker, or headphones. :) Anything's fine with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Dual speakers are not important to me. I use headphones or external stereo system most of the time. If I am playing anything directly from the onboard speakers it is for sampling purposes and not for quality. If price was not a factor and I could choose...I would choose dual speakers, but I likely would not make use of it most of the time. So...doesn't matter.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would certainly welcome it. There are many times where I get the urge to listen to music, but don't have access to headphones or external speakers. It might not be a make-or-break feature to me....but certainly one I would appreciate having.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That's not even remotely important to me. On the rare occasions that I do listen to music, I will use headphones/earbuds of some kind. My Apple Earpods still remain untouched in their original packaging.