To Get the iPhone 6, or to wait it out

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have my iphone 5 at this moment and in term of reading my email , sync my calendar , do some games , make calls and text massages , post some on twitt / Fb / g + / I'more and e.t.c ... I am perfectly satisfied for the main time.

But ,

As far as I am a fan and lover of apple products then I am sure by February 2015 after seeing the 6 in action for couple of months already than I am 100% sure that the 6 is my next upgrade without any doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious...

Is it a typical US contract thing, that you pay a fee once in a while when a new phone comes out and you can get it even if your contract isn't due to be done at that time or do you guys simple have "a few other contracts" on hand, so that every once in a while one of them is nearly done and ready for contract extension?

Like I said, I'm just curious. I'm used to be stuck with a two year contract and only "getting a new phone" during contract extension. Of course I can still just buy an unlocked one from Apple / Amazon. Dosen't make such a difference anyway.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious...

Is it a typical US contract thing, that you pay a fee once in a while when a new phone comes out and you can get it even if your contract isn't due to be done at that time or do you guys simple have "a few other contracts" on hand, so that every once in a while one of them is nearly done and ready for contract extension?

Like I said, I'm just curious. I'm used to be stuck with a two year contract and only "getting a new phone" during contract extension. Of course I can still just buy an unlocked one from Apple / Amazon. Dosen't make such a difference anyway.

A contract typically lasts about 18 months. If you would like to leave your contract, for a different carrier, or you'd like a new phone before this time is up, you'll need to pay something called an Early Termination Fee (ETF), along with a new phones price. The ETF depends on how long you have served your current contract. For instance, AT&T's terms state, it is $325, minus $10 for every full month you serve out your contract. So, if you got the iPhone 5S on launch (Mid September) and wanted to get the 6 when it came out, that would be $325 - $120 (12 months, $10 a month), and then plus the original $200 for a new phone. Your grand total would come out to around $405 (plus tax and an activation feel depending where you reside). In theory you could do this every 12 months to ensure you can always have the coolest and most up to date phone available.

Hope that helped at least a little bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile offered something similar when one of the iPhone models was released (if I remember correctly the time around iPhone 3G ---> 3GS), but they haven't done it since then. Well - sounds fair to me, at least you have such a chance!

I'll need to wait until my contract expires :rotfl:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile offered something similar when one of the iPhone models was released (if I remember correctly the time around iPhone 3G ---> 3GS), but they haven't done it since then. Well - sounds fair to me, at least you have such a chance!

I'll need to wait until my contract expires :rotfl:

Haha I go the T-Mobile prepaid route so I don't have to wait for my contract to expire! :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I can get an early upgrade in AT&T and pay about 100 bucks more than if it had been a regular upgrade. But, since I've got three lines, I can always get an upgrade.
I've been with AT&T since the early 90s so I won't be changing. I'm quite happy with them.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling the market will be flooded with many many iPhone 5s's when the iPhone 6 is released. So prices might not be as high for the 5s as one might think. It's the old "Supply and Demand" thingy. Plus, retailers and carriers will be offering big deals on the 5s. This is all my opinion. I hope I'm wrong. :)

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One of the great things about Apple products is that they are beautifully designed and perform remarkably well. So if I don't upgrade to the newest in the product line, I'm not disappointed. I won't be upgrading to the iPhone 6 because of the iPhone 4S. My brother in-law just bought the iPhone 4S because it was on sale for a cent. Looking at it made me remember how much I loved mine. I played around with it for a while and it was still fast. Even though the screen was smaller, the phone felt great in the hand. My first thought was if I had this phone, I still believe I would be content. I look at my current 5S with even more fondness. It has been really good to me, just like the 3G, the 4, the 4S, and the 5. So this time around, I'm going to save my money and skip the new iPhone 6. I know it's going to be awesome and I know that there is going to be a lot of fervor for the device. But I will keep my money and wait until I actually really need to upgrade this time. And that means that there is a chance I may not get the 6S either. That's kind of a scary thought, but it is a testament to how great Apple products are.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2