Which one of the upcoming iPhone sizes (4.7 or 5.5) are you going to get?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for the 4.7, I'm not really a phablet type of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Same here. The Galaxy Note line has never really appealed to me, and the same goes with the iPhone. A 5.5" is way too big for me, and 4.7" is honestly the sweet spot IMO

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for the specs on both. Then I'll decide.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to have the 5.5" screen. But price and pocketability may push me to the 4.7" model.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
For me it's more about the physical size of the device. I realise the 5.5" will be bigger than the 4.7" but it's all relative. If the 5.5" is in a form factor substantially smaller than the laughably large Note 3 I had until recently then I may consider that. If it's not then I will go for the 4.7"

I love my 4.7" HTC One M7 but it is physically just ever so slightly on the large size. I'd like the iPhone 6 to be smaller but if the leaks are anything to go by, and as time goes on they seem to be becoming more consistent, I doubt it will be.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't plan on getting either one, but if I did get one I would definitely go for the larger one.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Apple will release two sizes this time around though...

As in "not at the same time", or "not this year at all". I'm leaning towards the not at the same time option. I think we could see the 5.5" launch a month or two later.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
As in "not at the same time", or "not this year at all". I'm leaning towards the not at the same time option. I think we could see the 5.5" launch a month or two later.

This is probably true, but I really don't understand why they would launch them separately. The phablet, I would imagine, wouldn't offer anything new other than a bigger sized screen. If that is the case, that wouldn't warrant a different launch event in my opinion. It would be better suited to announce the two models at the same time. That would make the event more noteworthy. Because even for the 4.7 inch model, other than the screen size, what is going to be the draw? We are getting to the point where hardware is becoming increasingly less important and the software was already announced.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
4.7 will be more affordable for me, and 5.5 might be too big for me. Like people have said I MIGHT wait for the 6s instead but it depends on what they release and if I deem it worth upgrading and selling my older model.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
In the past it was no question: Next iPhone, in 64GB. Now I'm in a dilemma: If both phones (4.7 and 5.5) comes out, it's really going to be the matter of what the specs are. If it's 128GB i'm definitely down, however I don't think I'll get either on launch day for two reasons:

1. Money (unless a miracle happens)
2. Overall size, design and feel.

If I were to say initially I'd say the 4.7 inch. I think the 5.5 may be too big, but until I see and touch both devices, in person, my decision is in limbo.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
5.5-inch version. I hear that one will have a better camera and a more powerful processor than the 4.7-inch. But if it turns out to be too expensive I'll just get the 4.7-inch or wait 'till next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal