Do You Think iPhone 6 Renders/Leaks So Far Are Fake?

boeingrules

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm new to iMore, I usually spend all my time on CrackBerry. But I was thinking that since I have a Mac and soon an iPhone (6, hopefully) that I'd pop in and say hi.

I do have a question though, does anyone think that the leaks so far of the iPhone 6 could be fake? I'm thinking this might be the case because all the renders I've seen so far are missing one glaring thing: the True Tone flash. At least as it appears on the 5s. That's the first thing that jumps out at me when I see any of those images. I'm also having doubts because most of the renders claimed to be 'real' have looked... How do I put this.. Rather unappealing, especially for a company that is known for consistently pushing out products with beautiful and functional designs. I guess it just seems kind of unbelievable that a legendary company like this would have come up with such an obviously ugly design. I also know that Apple never likes to go backwards, especially in design. With the iPhone 6 being such an important and pivotal device to the company's future, I'm really not sure if they would like to take this risk.

I know that at this point everything is just speculation, and I know that there are people who say that Apple controls these leaks and are underwhelming people on purpose, but I just wanted my post to be food for thought and hopefully I'd get to hear other people's opinions as well.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
At this point in the cycle, I expect these leaks and renders to be "close". Certainly some of what we are seeing may very well prove to be true. At the same time, there is still a part of them that are taking, shall we say, liberty or creative license with the images. There are a lot of moving parts in the design, development, manufacturing and release of a high tech item like the iPhone. Some leaks are inevitable, and some are pure speculation. However, looking at the history, we’ve seen some pretty accurate versions of the iPhone 4/4S and 5/5S at this point in the cycle. Apple's focus on tightening security around their products notwithstanding, I’m guessing that most of the renders are closer to the truth than not. Probably 75% or higher.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Personaly I don't believe any of the leaked picture are the real deal. I completely agree with you In term of the main basic survival rules for Apple as a advanced high tech giant witch is : confidentiality is apple first priority .

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Personaly I don't believe any of the leaked picture are the real deal. I completely agree with you In term of the main basic survival rules for Apple as a advanced high tech giant witch is : confidentiality is apple first priority .

I’d like to believe that is true. Historically, they’ve done a poor job - mainly because IMHO, they are dealing with so many suppliers and so many supplied parts. Too many moving parts to keep it completely secret.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes , maybe you right or .. Maybe not.
However ,
There are some other very sharp and in apple case very sensitive issue that plays a big roll in all this as a big picture :
Anyone , and I mean anyone on this holy earth identify his or her product of interest with some small but very important points ...
Let me explain myself much clear now :
I love apple product and I have my own reason for that witch in case of iPhone are the following :
I like the iOS
I like the home bottom of iPhone
I like the lock key on the right top corner of iPhone

That's how I identify my favorite product from Apple and I really really really do not like any changes on those points witch are the main reason why I am a fan of apple products mainly iPhone .
That is my reason why I do not believe those fake picture . Because I still believe In apple and I am sure apple still believe in me as a costumer .
Maybe I am wrong !!! Hope not . 😉

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet Apple has it's own design department that makes fake mock-ups and leaks those fakes out into the wild just to throw everyone off.

Kinda like how our own government leaks or puts out fake JFK stuff or UFO sightings so when any REAL FACTS do come out about anything our government does, it's gets lumped in with with all the fake decoy information we are spoon fed.

Flood the mass's with fake information so no one knows what's fact or not fact,,,, quite brilliant actually !!!

Cheers
Davyo

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Think we are seeing something very close to the iPhone 6. Some things we see will make it to the final, but others are just pure baloney.

I am curious about the antenna lines though. One article says they are indeed going to be on the iPhone, and then another article says they are just placeholders for glass or another material, and then another contradicts it again and says those antenna lines will remain.:confused:

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Think we are seeing something very close to the iPhone 6. Some things we see will make it to the final, but others are just pure baloney.

I am curious about the antenna lines though. One article says they are indeed going to be on the iPhone, and then another article says they are just placeholders for glass or another material, and then another contradicts it again and says those antenna lines will remain.:confused:

I strongly doubt the antenna lines are going to be on the finished product,,, Apple iPhone designs have really become works of art and especially with the iPhone 6 being so important for Apple I don't see them making such an ugly design pick.

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All the early mock ups are fake. But the newest ones seem credible. They're all looking the same now. We'll find out soon enough. 2 months 2 Go!

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I strongly doubt the antenna lines are going to be on the finished product,,, Apple iPhone designs have really become works of art and especially with the iPhone 6 being so important for Apple I don't see them making such an ugly design pick.

Cheers
Davyo

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping too. I'm not a fan of the lines, and like you said, I don't see Apple pulling such a dumb design move, especially with all the hype around the iPhone 6.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I?d like to believe that is true. Historically, they?ve done a poor job - mainly because IMHO, they are dealing with so many suppliers and so many supplied parts. Too many moving parts to keep it completely secret.

You seem a little new at guessing like this.. I've been watching since just plain iphone in 2007 and frankly 75-85 percent of apparent leaks have mostly been wrong go back and look at all the fake crap that was posted over the last 7 years...

I choose to not believe anything until apple announces it most the posts don't have any merit

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You seem a little new at guessing like this.. I've been watching since just plain iphone in 2007 and frankly 75-85 percent of apparent leaks have mostly been wrong go back and look at all the fake crap that was posted over the last 7 years...

I choose to not believe anything until apple announces it most the posts don't have any merit

I am standing by my "guess". I believe that the iPhone 6 will look similar to the rounded set of leaks - and I gave it a 75% chance of being accurate. By this point in the game, the general look/feel of both the iPhone 4/4S and 5/5S were known with a good degree of accuracy. I am saying that what we are seeing now of the iPhone 6 is likely to be as accurate, too.

I understand that it ain’t real until Apple says it is - and I have stated so, as well. But the likelihood of what we’re seeing is close is quite high at this point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am standing by my "guess". I believe that the iPhone 6 will look similar to the rounded set of leaks - and I gave it a 75% chance of being accurate. By this point in the game, the general look/feel of both the iPhone 4/4S and 5/5S were known with a good degree of accuracy. I am saying that what we are seeing now of the iPhone 6 is likely to be as accurate, too.

I understand that it ain?t real until Apple says it is - and I have stated so, as well. But the likelihood of what we?re seeing is close is quite high at this point.

Yep, I'm with you on this...:)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I understand that it ain?t real until Apple says it is - and I have stated so, as well. But the likelihood of what we?re seeing is close is quite high at this point.

I'd like to give one example when the iphone 4s launched with a little over a week until the announcement every site here imore or tipb and bgr etc claimed they were launching two phones the iphone 5 and a lower model with all kinds of extras that never existed.. Then boom the night before announcement oops apple isn't releasing the 5 it's just a 4s..

The timing means nothing. Just saying..

Ohleo

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
We obviously know the dimensions. Those dummy phones for case companies have to be right on. Apple knows that this stuff is going to leak so there is no way they will make the dummy cases look exactly like the finished product. I would say that the leaks a couple of weeks before the announcement will be completely real though.

But obviously we know how thin/wide it is etc

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It?s easy to say "not this time", but why do you say that? What do you expect the new iPhone to be?

It's not about what I expect , it's about what I believe ok.
I believe in apple.
2- I still believe that the upcoming iphone 6 will be the same design as 5s by some small changes in term of build materials and off curse the bigger display for sure.
3- if apple would decide to copy the design of iPad to iphone than they could make it long time ago.
4- apple still believe in their costumer and they done a good job in term of costumer opinion and survey all around the globe.

With all that on my mind I am pretty sure that apple have learned from the past mistake and those picture you and other are seeing are nothing by some wild imaginations and fake self designed models from nowhere.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not about what I expect , it's about what I believe ok.
I believe in apple.
2- I still believe that the upcoming iphone 6 will be the same design as 5s by some small changes in term of build materials and off curse the bigger display for sure.
3- if apple would decide to copy the design of iPad to iphone than they could make it long time ago.
4- apple still believe in their costumer and they done a good job in term of costumer opinion and survey all around the globe.

With all that on my mind I am pretty sure that apple have learned from the past mistake and those picture you and other are seeing are nothing by some wild imaginations and fake self designed models from nowhere.

Well, one thing is certain. This whole discussion is somewhat academic at this point. But we will soon see the new iPhone design. Expect to be surprised. (Rhetorical rabbit trail: Is that even possible? If you "expect" it, can you really be "surprised"?)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR