I'll be coming back to iPhone when these bigger screen sizes come out

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Been going back and forth between iPhone and Android for years mainly because of the small screen size of all the past iPhones (I've owned ever model iPhone ever made except the 5c) but was always an iPhone lover that hated those tiny 3.5" and tiny 4" screen sizes.

I'm currently rockin a Galaxy S5 (also have owned the S3, S4 and Notes 1, 2 and 3.

The S5 and the Note 3 are amazing phones to say the least,,,, but now with the iPhone's coming out with the larger screens I can see myself coming back to the iPhone.

Along with Apple adopting some of the cooler features that Android has had for a very long time,,,, predictive text keyboard, more notifications, etc...... that iOS 8 will bring.

Just wondering how many other are out there that share the same thoughts/opinion.

On a side note,,,, I have always liked my iPads more than my Android tablets,,,, and while my new Galaxy Tab S 10.5" has an amazing AMOLED display I still like my iPad Air better overall.

Cheers
Davyo

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I really like the 4" screen on my 5s. I probably wouldn't mind a 4.7" screen but I'm not interested in a 5.5" screen. I guess we'll see you back with a new iPhone in a few months.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone went from 3.5 to a 4" screen I was happier,,,, but once you go with a bigger than 4" display you discover what you been missing,,,,, I think the 4.7" will be the sweet spot.

My Note's 1, 2 and 3 were great but just a tad to big size wise to make them totally comfortable.

Cheers
Davyo

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. Lots to like about iOS and iPhones, but have been struggling with the smaller screen for readability. For pocket ability, though, the 4" 5S form factor is quite good.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am going for the 5.5. Can't wait.

Android is a good platform and I love my SGIII. However, the beauty of iOS is how it integrates seamlessly and efficiently with every type of device that Apple produces. That easy transition from iPhone to iPad to any and every Mac is what Apple has nailed better than any other platform.

I am now using my iPhone as my primary device and there is SUCH a sense of freedom and relaxation that I can't imagine myself ever leaving. No fighting tech. It works as it should.

THEY.JUST.WORK. That phrase irritates fans of other platforms, but it is so true.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am going for the 5.5. Can't wait.

Android is a good platform and I love my SGIII. However, the beauty of iOS is how it integrates seamlessly and efficiently with every type of device that Apple produces. That easy transition from iPhone to iPad to any and every Mac is what Apple has nailed better than any other platform.

I am now using my iPhone as my primary device and there is SUCH a sense of freedom and relaxation that I can't imagine myself ever leaving. No fighting tech. It works as it should.

THEY.JUST.WORK. That phrase irritates fans of other platforms, but it is so true.
People ask me why I like Apple products so much, and I always give them this reason. It just works. I love how it integrates seamlessly with my other iOS devices, and I just couldn't let that go if I switched to Android. I love how it backs up automatically into iCloud, which saves me from feeling like if my device is bricked, I can't get it back to the way it was. Plus everything including contacts, notes, calendar events, safari tabs, and mail sync across all of my devices, which is something that doesn't happen on Android. It just works :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You know what I love? Each time I buy a new iPhone, once I plug in my Apple ID and password, the phone begins restoring EVERYTHING to the EXACT SAME WAY I had it on my previous devices.

I FREAKIN' LOVE THAT

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You know what I love? Each time I buy a new iPhone, once I plug in my Apple ID and password, the phone begins restoring EVERYTHING to the EXACT SAME WAY I had it on my previous devices.

Yep, i had exactly the same thing. I broke my iPhone 5 a few months ago and had to use an Android device in the meantime. When I got my new 5S a few weeks back, I plugged it into iTunes and boom, all my contacts, email accounts and apps were downloaded, installed and configured exactly the way I like it.

I also subscribe to the axiom that "iOS just works" and use it myself when people ask why I have an iPhone.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
We'll,,,, I must take issue with the "it just works" statements !!!!

I own Android and iOS products and I have TONS of crashes on my iPads and a few on my past iPhones,,,,, I've had ZERO crashes on my Galaxy phones and Galaxy tablets,,,, so that Apple "it just works" is a huge load of crap !!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm typing this post on my 6th iPad Air I have owned/exchanged under the last year,,,, I have been at the Apple store so many times they know me on a first name basis.

This brand new iPad Air I now have,, (the 6th one) is doing great and only one crash so far,,,, but it's taken me going thru 5 iPad Airs to get one that is not crashing 5 to 10 times a day.

Sorry for the rant,,,, I just tend to get a bit upset when I read those "it just works" BS !!!!!!

If you want to read about all my iPad crashing issues search my user name here on this forum for those threads.

I really really like Android a lot,,, but I like the iOS Eco-system and the OS more than Android,,, thats why I put up with all the crashing issues I have had with my iOS devices compared to ZERO issues with my Android devices.

It just works,,,, yea right,,, nice Apple slogan but in reality not so true.

In spite of all the issues I have had with my iPads and a few of my iPhones , i do plan on ditching my Galaxy S5 as soon as the iPhone 6 comes out,,, and will for sure be getting the Air 2 and mini 3.

Cheers
Davyo

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I own Android and iOS products and I have TONS of crashes on my iPads and a few on my past iPhones,,,,, I've had ZERO crashes on my Galaxy phones and Galaxy tablets,,,, so that Apple "it just works" is a huge load of crap !!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm typing this post on my 6th iPad Air I have owned/exchanged under the last year,,,, I have been at the Apple store so many times they know me on a first name basis.

This brand new iPad Air I now have,, (the 6th one) is doing great and only one crash so far,,,, but it's taken me going thru 5 iPad Airs to get one that is not crashing 5 to 10 times a day.

Sorry for the rant,,,, I just tend to get a bit upset when I read those "it just works" BS !!!!!!

If you want to read about all my iPad crashing issues search my user name here on this forum for those threads.

I really really like Android a lot,,, but I like the iOS Eco-system and the OS more than Android,,, thats why I put up with all the crashing issues I have had with my iOS devices compared to ZERO issues with my Android devices.

In spite of all the issues I have had with my iPads and a few of my iPhones , i do plan on ditching my Galaxy S5 as soon as the iPhone 6 comes out,,, and will for sure be getting the Air 2 and mini 3.

Cheers
Davyo

Please don't post your opinion as truth, there's a good chap. Personally, I disagree with you.

I have had an iPhone since they were first released . My first ipad was the iPad 2 and i've had it since then.

Apart from me dropping my iPhone 5 in water a few months back, each and every iOS device has been flawless for me. For me, they JUST WORK. No problems, nor errors, no glitches, nothing out of the ordinary. If i've needed to rely on a phone, my iPhone has been there for me each and every time. I will continue to use the "iOS just works" axiom with impunity because for me that has been my experience.

I can't say the same about the Samsung devices I own. In the past, i have had an S2, S3, S4 and Note 3 and every one of them, apart from the S2 which I still have, has given me no end of troubles. So much so that I will never buy another Samsung device again. My trials and tribulations about my Note 3 and other Samsung devices are detailed on here, Android Central and Phandroid and I don't propose to regurgitate them again.

Interestingly, my HTC One M7 has also behaved itself flawlessly too and i'm hanging on to that one as my work device until the iPhone 6 4.7" comes out, at which point I will consolidate my devices into the Apple ecosystem with nary a regret.

So the point of my post is this: Have a Coke and a smile. Just because you have had a bad experience, it doesn't mean that everyone else has. Equally, you are neither right nor wrong in the grand scheme of things, much like I am.

We're just expressing our opinions, right? ;)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Cheers
Davyo

I regret you've had a bad experience with your Apple devices. My experience is completely different, and has been so since 2009. Each iPhone has surpassed my experience with the previous. Also, my iPad is stellar.

Use what works for you. My experience with my Apple devices is absolutely *not* BS.

And I also use an SGIII which I love. I've had no negative experiences with it. I simply prefer all those things you mentioned you like on iOS.

See....in my experience, it is possible to be happy with more than one platform even if you have a preference for one.

Edit: And I believe that was a record of the number of times the word *experience* was used on one single post.:p

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Please don't post your opinion as truth, there's a good chap. Personally, I disagree with you.

I have had an iPhone since they were first released . My first ipad was the iPad 2 and i've had it since then.

Apart from me dropping my iPhone 5 in water a few months back, each and every iOS device has been flawless for me. For me, they JUST WORK. No problems, nor errors, no glitches, nothing out of the ordinary. If i've needed to rely on a phone, my iPhone has been there for me each and every time. I will continue to use the "iOS just works" axiom with impunity because for me that has been my experience.

I can't say the same about the Samsung devices I own. In the past, i have had an S2, S3, S4 and Note 3 and every one of them, apart from the S2 which I still have, has given me no end of troubles. So much so that I will never buy another Samsung device again. My trials and tribulations about my Note 3 and other Samsung devices are detailed on here, Android Central and Phandroid and I don't propose to regurgitate them again.

Interestingly, my HTC One M7 has also behaved itself flawlessly too and i'm hanging on to that one as my work device until the iPhone 6 4.7" comes out, at which point I will consolidate my devices into the Apple ecosystem with nary a regret.

So the point of my post is this: Have a Coke and a smile. Just because you have had a bad experience, it doesn't mean that everyone else has. Equally, you are neither right nor wrong in the grand scheme of things, much like I am.

We're just expressing our opinions, right? ;)

Correct,,, it's all good,,,, and for the record all my other past iPads and both my mini's have been and were great with no problems.

Such has not been the case with my iPad Air's,,,,,, I have spent hours upon hours at my local Genius Bar, driven across town to my nearest Apple store more times than I can count,,,, wiping my iPads, restoring them, setting them up as a new device from scratch, exchange after exchange.

A correction on my math,,, what I have now is iPad Air number 5 that finally working and not crashing 5 to 10 times a day,,,, I thought I was on number 6,,, so I will correct myself.

I'm just fresh off my very bad iPad Air experience that's been going on for the last few months or more so I'm still a bit sensitive when I see the "it just works" comments.

I will calm down soon and forget and get over it but I will never agree with the "it just works" Apple slogan ever again.

Some advice for everyone,,,, when your brand new i device fails that you purchased brand new don't let them exchange it for a re-conditioned device or allow them it lie about the device they are giving you as not being a re-conditioned device.

How did I end up solving my problem, I sold my number 4 replacement iPad Air for real cheap and just went and purchased another brand new Air at full price again,,,, yea,, I lost a nice little chunk of money on this whole journey but at least I now have a perfectly working iPad Air,,,, no thanks to Apple in any way shape or form.

Ok,,,, I will shut my big pissed off pie hole now.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That's not possible.

I've owned the Note's 1, 2 and 3,,,, the Galaxy s3, s4 and currently the S5 is my daily driver,,,, I've also owned the Galaxy Tabs 2 and 3,,,, 8" and 10" versions and just purchased the newest Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (I'm a gadget junkie),,,,,,, not one single crash ever on ANY of those devices,,,, they have all performed flawlessly.

ALL of my past iPads have been perfect as well, the mini's included,,,,, I've had a few minor hick-ups on a few of my past iPhone but not a big deal.

My iPad Air,,,, has been a nightmare,,,, but the Air issue is now resolved.

Anyhow,,, it is very possible to to non crashing Android device's,,,, all of mine have been stellar.

Cheers
Davyo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods