Do you want the 5.5" iPhone to be 16:9 or 4:3?
I've been seeing this come up lately in discussions. Particularly from people who would want the 5.5" screen to run iPad apps. If that were the case, the 5.5" iPhone would be 4:3 instead of the 16:9 that the current iPhone has. I'm very slow when it comes to figuring out dimensions and mathematics so my question is what would we be missing if the phone got 4:3 instead of 16:9? The more and more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea of being able to use iPad designed apps on a bigger screen for an iPhone. I know that would cause some issues for app developers so that right there tells me that staying at 16:9 would be ideal since current apps could just be letterboxed for 16:9 until they get updated. But what else?
- 06-26-2014, 03:13 PM #2
- 06-26-2014, 03:48 PM #4
Re: Do you want the 5.5" iPhone to be 16:9 or 4:3?
At the risk of sounding like an ***** more so than usual, wouldn't 4:3 equate to a closer width to height ratio? Essentially 16:12 vs 16:9 when brought to scale?
If so, I'd be a fan of 4:3, letterboxing or not, just to lose the elongated look and achieve a wider screen.
Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
- 06-26-2014, 04:11 PM #5
- 06-27-2014, 07:20 AM #6
- 06-27-2014, 06:24 PM #7
- By Danny Olivo in forum iPhone 6Replies: 12Last Post: 06-29-2014, 10:54 PM
- By N00b64 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 9Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2014, 06:30 PM
- By Marc Bolh in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2014, 12:30 PM