Crunch Time - You? 4.7 or 5.5 Display If That Is What Comes Out?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's awkward of me to say but unless one of them has a pretty shell like 5c, I'll likely be choosing neither.

I hope I'm wrong and that I'll like the design and feel of the iPhone 6.

I just don't know.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

the tall guy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd def get the 5.5 - I left apple for Android due to Samsung phones being bigger and more screen so if a 5.5 option is available then I would be interested. do you think both phones will be released at the same time? also what names do you think the phones will take, Iphone 6 large and Iphone 6 mini?

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It really all depends upon how each feel in my hand. I'm thinking the 5.5" off the top of my head, but I could go smaller if it doesn't feel right.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
It's awkward of me to say but unless one of them has a pretty shell like 5c, I'll likely be choosing neither.

I hope I'm wrong and that I'll like the design and feel of the iPhone 6.

I just don't know.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

same here. If the mock ups turn out to be accurate, I'll go grab the 5S this year.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning toward the 4.7" but I wish it was 5". The 5.5" looks like it'll be too big unless they shrink the bezels.

Get the 5.5. You KNOW you want it. Come on. FEEL the device in your hand. Think how lovely it will be to have all that screen real estate. IMAGINE those premium materials, smooth as silk in your hand....do it...do it....you know you want to...do it.....

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Tell ya what, I have never been more hopeful than I am right now that the mock-ups are false. I have been in the 5.5" camp for awhile but watching this video......no way. These mock-ups very well could be off target, but if you recall back in 2012, it was around this time that the mock-ups of the iphone 5 leaked at this pace and they ended up being spot on.

5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-inch, OnePlus One, And LG G3 (Mockups) - YouTube

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 2. It got to a point where it was to big.
I am also waiting to see what they both look like.
The 4.7 inch screen is enough for me.

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Providing the internals are the same (which I seriously doubt), the 4.7"

I really disliked the size of the 5.7" Note 3 I had immensely, so I hope beyond hope that the two new iPhones aren't too different inside.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
More likely the 4.7" screen so it still fits in my pocket good.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it....I was going to get a Note 4 this year so I could have done more real estate and use it along my iPhone. Then I thought about a Lumia. But if I get the 5.5 I can get my iPhone AND my real estate. So....win win.....
And I save money!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going with the 5.5 also since I've had the Note 3 in the past..won't be rushing to get it though

Sent from my iPad LTE

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For those saying you wouldn't need an ipad, isn't that a good thing?

And if there are more 5.5" only features that have nothing to do with screen size then that simply makes the smaller one a mid-tier iphone.

I use my phone for more work than personal, so carrying around a 5.5" phone is not very practical. Where the heck am I going to put it? I don't carry a purse all day & I'm pretty positive it won't fit in my pocket, if I even have any. Once I get home, I usually toss it somewhere & pick up my rMini. My phone screams work, my iPad says relaxation.

If the 5.5" is the premium option, I'll be ok with the mid tier option as long as it suits my needs. Premium doesn't always mean better for everyone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
4.7 is the perfect size for me. The Nexus 5 is the biggest I would go on a phone, and that has a 4.9 inch display, so the 4.7 is definitely for me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal