Preorders

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5S was the first iPhone since I can remember that I was unable to preorder and have in hand on the release date. I thought it was unfair that Apple allowed preorders for the 5C and not the 5S, knowing that there would be a higher demand. Yes, I did place my order with T-Mobile the second it was released but my order didn't arrive until a month later. I had to scout different T-Mobile stores to get a variant I didn't want, kept it for a week and gave it back. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen again but I have a feeling come September I'll be disappointed again. Running a tech channel it's difficult to get a flagship device days later because it messes with views, which is the biggest issue of mine. For those of you who weren't able to get your 5S on release date, who usually preorder, did that bother you? Are you hoping that there will be preorders for the 6? I wonder if I'm the only person that this really affected. On top of it all, stores that did have them were lying and saying that they didn't. I don't want to run into this again.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried to preorder a different device once and didn't get it until after it had showed up in stores! It was in my local store a week before mine was received. I was positively livid.

I think if you preorder, they should fulfill these orders and have them to the customer ON release day.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5S was the first iPhone since I can remember that I was unable to preorder and have in hand on the release date. I thought it was unfair that Apple allowed preorders for the 5C and not the 5S, knowing that there would be a higher demand. Yes, I did place my order with T-Mobile the second it was released but my order didn't arrive until a month later. I had to scout different T-Mobile stores to get a variant I didn't want, kept it for a week and gave it back. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen again but I have a feeling come September I'll be disappointed again. Running a tech channel it's difficult to get a flagship device days later because it messes with views, which is the biggest issue of mine. For those of you who weren't able to get your 5S on release date, who usually preorder, did that bother you? Are you hoping that there will be preorders for the 6? I wonder if I'm the only person that this really affected. On top of it all, stores that did have them were lying and saying that they didn't. I don't want to run into this again.

That's why I just wait and go in store on launch day. Never have had an issue getting their right when they open and getting a device. Preorder does not always get in your hands before it is available in store anyway.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to preorder a different device once and didn't get it until after it had showed up in stores! It was in my local store a week before mine was received. I was positively livid.

I think if you preorder, they should fulfill these orders and have them to the customer ON release day.

I always had my iPhone to me on release day with preorders. Since they didn't do preorders we had to work with the backorders and ordering system.

That's why I just wait and go in store on launch day. Never have had an issue getting their right when they open and getting a device.

Unfortunately T-Mobile isn't the company for that. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are most definitely going to have the iPhone but as I said it took a week to find it in stores; stores were even lying saying that they didn't have any in stock but they did.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I always had my iPhone to me on release day with preorders. Since they didn't do preorders we had to work with the backorders and ordering system.

Unfortunately T-Mobile isn't the company for that. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are most definitely going to have the iPhone but as I said it took a week to find it in stores; stores were even lying saying that they didn't have any in stock but they did.

Well that is TMO for you, but is a week really that bad? I mean if nothing else you could have always went to an apple store and most likely had more luck getting one.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I normally get mine a week or so after from My Carrier. shipped right to my work. Not because of delays. I was in no rush to get it right away.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You think Apple will still unlock the new iphone 6 through iTunes if you paid full price upfront like they did for the 5S?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just sat my **** in line at the Apple Store overnight to make sure I got it on release day.

Same here. I don't think I could stand spending a lot of money for the phone and have to wait practically a week or so on sale day to receive my phone. I'd rather wait overnight and have it that morning.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You think Apple will still unlock the new iphone 6 through iTunes if you paid full price upfront like they did for the 5S?

Yes, there is no carrier to lock it to when purchased outright.

I just sat my **** in line at the Apple Store overnight to make sure I got it on release day.

I live in Atlanta so that'll be interesting. My fear is waiting all that time and not being able to get the color and size I want.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand why they didn't have preorders last release. I waited in line at an apple store because I was afraid of not getting one day of release. This year , I can't do that so I hope they go back to preorders. Also, has anyone had an order mailed to an address other than your home or work ?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll likely just wait a few months until the fiasco has passed. Then go look at them to decide what I want to do. I never buy anything newly released. Early adopters can deal with any issues while I collect data on it. Heh.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll likely just wait a few months until the fiasco has passed. Then go look at them to decide what I want to do. I never buy anything newly released. Early adopters can deal with any issues while I collect data on it. Heh.

Haha nice strategy :)

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about preordering the iPhone 6, but I don't know how T-Mobile handles preorders on their weird payment plan system. I would like to get the phone the day of release...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Because of the new deal Apple made with carriers, all of this upgrading hassle will be handled by them, so it'll be easier than ever before :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my 5S online through Best Buy as soon as it launched (3am ET) & was able to pick it up once the store opened. Didn't have to stand in line all night & I got what I wanted. Hopefully I can do the same this year

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping preordering is an option with this years iPhone. Standing in line isn't an option, and I don't want to wait too long to get it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping preordering is an option with this years iPhone. Standing in line isn't an option, and I don't want to wait too long to get it.

I think it will be. They want to boost sales as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh