Will the C model iPhone be a one-hit wonder?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With all of the focus being on the next iPhone allegedly coming in two sizes, both allegedly larger than the current 4 inches, there has been little to no discussion about the iPhone C models. Will it be a one-hit wonder it will Apple indeed introduce an iPhone 6C model? What do you think? If you currently have an iPhone 5C, please be sure to comment I. The following thread:

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5c/290444-5c-users-do-you-look-forward-6c.html

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 5C but my daughter and several others I know love it. I'm hoping its not a one hit wonder. Some users want an iOS experience without having to pay top dollar and they don't care about the latest & greatest technology. Options are always good!!!

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I hope they do release a newer version, a lot of people seem to enjoy it and for the cost it is a good phone

Sent from my iPhone 5S

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe so OP, the 5c is widely considered to be responsible for a large number of android converts.

The 5c is kind of like apple's honey pot for android users.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read 5c sales are not where Apple expected them to be. There might be a market for a less expensive device, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a one hit wonder.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple thought that a hundred dollars less and last generations components - iPhone 5 in a plastic case with vivid colors would be a winner. It is sort of a winner for the colors yellow, green and blue. Pink and white turn into turds. The price is overpriced but it aimed at kids with parents that have money to burn so it not a failure. Most are purchased on contract too which helps.

I think Apple will continue to offer this "C" for color? model! It a big money maker in terms of "profit margin" since it old technology repackage and the plastic case is very cheap to manufacturer and it only $100 less then the state of the art current generation 5S, which is much more costly to manufacturer.

On Ebay the Yellow is selling at $200 over Apple's retail price and buyers are buying at that price which I find ridiculous!

logvkp

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I wish Apple just kept the old scheme of releasing the last gen phone for cheaper. In my opinion, the premium designs are Apple's specialty

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm alone on this, as a previous poster mentioned as well. When I think of Apple products, especially iPhones, I think of well built premium devices.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If it is a one hit wonder, I think I'll be buying a few more for the long ride ahead. I'll be quite depressed too.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe so OP, the 5c is widely considered to be responsible for a large number of android converts.

The 5c is kind of like apple's honey pot for android users.

Exactly. If they'd never released a 5c, I'd still be an Androidian with zero iPhone experience. I hope they don't overlook just how many converts were made with this device.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think Apple did a job making the polycarbonate 5cs feel really premium...it's not fair to say just because it's a plastic phone it's not premium...

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The 5C is really only a "failure" in the eyes of the media. in the winter quarter, the 5C outsold the galaxy s4 on both AT&T and Sprint and was in 3rd on Verizon and tmobile.
Yes, the 5S has sold better, but I'm sure blackberry, windows phone and other android OEMs would love to be the failure that the 5C is.

Exactly. :) The media also considered the iPod touch a failure, apple sold over a hundred million units.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like my wife's 5c better than my 5. There would be a market for the 5c. Apple's iPhone 5c 'failure flop' outsold Blackberry, Windows Phone and every Android flagship in Q4.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5c gives people more choices this day in age... Especially with Apple...

I don't think it's going any where

logvkp

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
But still, wouldn't continuing the production of the 5 be better? It's thinner, scores slightly better in benchmarks and has the signature Apple design. I'm sure the 4S was about the price of the 5C is now about a year ago. That's when my parents got theirs (unfortunately for me, JK)

logvkp

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure which benchmarks you are looking at, but the 5C has a better front camera and supports many more LTE bands than the 5. It also has a slightly bigger battery.

Check out some of the reviews. The 5 consistently out-benchmarks the 5C. But yes, for everything else the 5C is slightly better.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
But still, wouldn't continuing the production of the 5 be better? It's thinner, scores slightly better in benchmarks and has the signature Apple design. I'm sure the 4S was about the price of the 5C is now about a year ago. That's when my parents got theirs (unfortunately for me, JK)

The 5 has the same design as the 5S. Most of the people that got the 5C, bought it because of the design & feel not because of the benchmarks. IMO benchmarks aren't the end all be all in speed comparisons & aren't very consistent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods