incredibly thin: 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Date Delayed To 2015 Due To Battery Design Issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I read that yesterday in one of my RSS feeds. To this point, I still consider it a mere rumor in a sea full of rumors. Know what I mean?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm being selfish but I do hope they don't release the new iPhone until then only because I will be able to upgrade lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I read that yesterday in one of my RSS feeds. To this point, I still consider it a mere rumor in a sea full of rumors. Know what I mean?

I would definitely take this news with a pinch of salt, and besides, Apple will need to put something out this year and likely will then work things out to make sure the phone comes out this year. Apple is too good to be missing a launch date, or a launch year, or an opportunity to take back market share from the many, many competitors they have, and Apple would get really far behind if they did. So it's a pretty slim possibility and, as you said, the rumor in the sea.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I remember last year when everyone thought the iPhone 5S was going to be bigger and some rumor kept floating around that the device was going to be delayed for whatever reason. And then they were 100% wrong on all accounts...lol. Apple isn't going to miss any launch date...they have enough money to MAKE development happen when they want it, and the device will come out exactly as they plan it to (though I highly doubt it'll be a 5.5").

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
As long as the 4+ inch sized upgrade comes this year, I'll be happy. I can definitely say I can't go back to using 5+ inch screen phones.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone and I mean anyone who takes these click bait type stories seriously needs to have their internet privileges revoked. How can something that hasn't even been announced yet already have a setback that is delaying release? That is one thing you can say about Apple, I can't remember a time in recent history where they had "announced" something and given a date and was unable to meet the date after it was announced. Next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Possibly a rumor for a 6S version next year. I read a lot about screen sizes but till Apple confirms at least one size I would just wait and watch for more solid information.

PS. If you notice carefully all websites pretty much link back to the single source. They all want hits so even if it is published multiple times on multiple web pages I would wait for some more details.

My 2 cents.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Possibly a rumor for a 6S version next year. I read a lot about screen sizes but till Apple confirms at least one size I would just wait and watch for more solid information.

PS. If you notice carefully all websites pretty much link back to the single source. They all want hits so even if it is published multiple times on multiple web pages I would wait for some more details.

My 2 cents.

It most definitely will NOT be for the 6S. Historically, the 'S' version is the same design as the model after which it’s modeled. The 3G/3GS, 4/4S and 5/5S have born this out.

And as others have said, these are rumor sites. Until Tim Cook walks on stage and tells us about it, including pix and specs, it’s all just vaporware. Period. End of discussion.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Never knew anything could be delayed without it officially being announced. It will release when it's ready. If and when Apple wants to release a 5.5" iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As far as rumors go, the early rumors of a 5.5" iPhone 6 were all rumoring a late release sometime after the 4.7" release. Some even said it may be in 2015. I would think Apple would not release the two together on the same date. Garz has it right!

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I remember last year when everyone thought the iPhone 5S was going to be bigger and some rumor kept floating around that the device was going to be delayed for whatever reason. And then they were 100% wrong on all accounts...lol. Apple isn't going to miss any launch date...they have enough money to MAKE development happen when they want it, and the device will come out exactly as they plan it to (though I highly doubt it'll be a 5.5").

Came here to post this. Until I hear it from the horse's mouth as it were, every rumour will be taken with the credence it rightly deserves. Nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro