Would you like to see the iPhone 6 come with a a removable battery?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just that. Forget the SD card slots, LED notification lights and so on, would you like to see a removable battery for the new iPhone?

If so, how do you think the form of the device would have to change to accommodate this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would have to give a bit of thought. You can't convince me that Apple and their design engineers could not come up the a great form factor like now. Mixed feelings at this point.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Android phones I like have a non removable battery already so I don't see why the iPhone would impress me by having one's that's removable. The last few phones that had removable batteries did really badly for me.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No but maybe an option for people to choose a bigger battery for their iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a removable battery, but I'm sure it would compromise the sleekness of the design... plus Apple wouldn't never do it... I can't see it anyways... it would go against everything the iPhone stands for - which is simplicity

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No need don't see them doing it .. Same as no need for sd cards .. I do wish ios had some sort of file system that was available and integrated into the OS .. Would allow so much simplicity like attaching files in reply emails .. Opening files from within a app vs have cloud services and selecting what app to use

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprise by all the negative answer to that question. It's a pretty useful feature to just swap a battery instead of leaving it plugged in for a couple of hours or always use the car charger.
Especially useful for longer day at work or plenty other occasions.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just that. Forget the SD card slots, LED notification lights and so on, would you like to see a removable battery for the new iPhone?

If so, how do you think the form of the device would have to change to accommodate this?

No. I would rather them stick a large battery in for a change. They continue making devices thinner yet the phone can't make it an entire day. Keep it same thickness/a little thicker and stick a huge battery in it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprise by all the negative answer to that question. It's a pretty useful feature to just swap a battery instead of leaving it plugged in for a couple of hours or always use the car charger.
Especially useful for longer day at work or plenty other occasions.

It goes along with any type of change. Same with rumored larger screen and look how many say no the iPhone is perfect (yet they said the same thing with the 3.5" screen before it) iPhone users are hesitant for change, until it happens and they see what they have been missing.

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes.
One of the things I hated about my iPhone was running out of juice before the end of my day. Charging at a desk or in my car was/is not always an option. I ended up buying a Mophie battery pack that could charge my iPhone 1.5 times, but I hated using it as I still ended up tethered to something. I have the BlackBerry extra battery charger for my Q10 and swap whenever I need to. Hell, I haven't plugged a charger into my Berry for weeks :D

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No I don't see that happening. Even when I had phones with a removable batt. It was a pain having extra batteries and getting a charger to charger the extra batt. It's better having a Mophie Case or something similar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods