- 04-24-2014, 12:17 AM #26
- 04-24-2014, 01:42 AM #27
iPhone 6 to have NFC?
I don't see Apple including NFC for anything. They have airplay and airdrop for sharing as a counter to NFC sharing, plus their passbook app very clearly was placed in as an alternative to NFC, simply because they went ahead and implemented the barcodes in the cards that needed no NFC capability to work at all. My guess is that they meant to put Passbook in there to pacify the no-NFC complainers.
In addition, not every country has embraced NFC payments yet, and those that do like the U.S aren't taking onto the new mode of payment in droves...
- 04-26-2014, 12:19 AM #28
Re: iPhone 6 to have NFC?
I don't want NFC for sharing I want it for mobile payments. Passbook and ibeacons are a mixed bag. I've never experienced ibeacons working as advertised. I'm sure if Apple wanted to do NFC and proper mobile payments, they could do it. They have muscled entire industries to bend to their will before (music, movies, cell carriers) they can do it again. If apple introduced a phone with NFC, retailers would update their terminals. Potentially millions of people can now come to your store and purchase items easily with their iPhones? Retailers would jump on that.
- By leepierre in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 12Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:56 PM
- By Dubskeeto in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2014, 02:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2014, 11:10 AM