Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a 4.7 or 5.5" screen...

What will you do?

If the iPhone 6 does not have a 4.7" and or 5.5" screen size, I will either keep my 5s or go for a Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4. I'd really like to see Apple make two flagship iPhones: an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Air) with a 4.7" screen and an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Pro) with a 5.5" screen. Both models should have similar or slightly different features such as an A8 and M8 processor, better camera (better 1080p and maybe 4k recording), iOS 8. I hope that the iPhone Pro will have more advanced features!

What do you all think?

Avid Apple owner since 2007.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a 4.7 or 5.5" screen...

I forgot to mention that I'd like 128 GB capacity and a higher screen resolution, like 1920 by 1080 or even 4k resolution. I think it'd be you much to be water resistant. The Note 4 might have these features.

iMore Beginner

I like your idea about an iPhone Pro. That might be worth standing in line. And I am not one to stand in lines.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by smelton3 View Post
    I like your idea about an iPhone Pro. That might be worth standing in line. And I am not one to stand in lines.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    I always wait until November or December to get any Apple device. At that time I find that the Apple Store has the device in stock.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB with VZW 4G LTE, running iOS 7.1 .

I'm happy with the size of my 5s screen, so it wouldn't bother me if it didn't.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    cdacuya81 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

There are just so many issues with a lot of things the OP said, IMO. First, it has been proven through leaks that the iPhone will have 2 screen sizes. Second, pro means fatter...and I think the big iPhone will be basically a smaller version of the iPad Air same shape and everything just smaller overall. Third, apple is so far behind the curve that I doubt their display is going to get much better than the retina. They would have done it on the iPad as a test if it were to happen this year. Fourth, specs about everything were already leaked and I don't think 1080p and 4k recording were apart of the camera specs. They are saying something about it having around the same megapixels it has now.

I know everything isn't official yet but let's be clear on something the leaks that come out from MacRumors, etc. Tend to be true.

My source? PocketNow (among other videos) on YouTube.

Personally, I'm going to the TMobile store when it comes out to check our the 5.5" phone but I am really looking to purchase a phablet this year...preferably not a Note series...but if push comes to shove...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    KingBuick (04-07-2014)
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I'm eager to get a bigger screen phone, so if the next iPhone doesn't have one, I'll get a Note 3 or Note 4.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    ladyc0524 and offdahglass like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBuick View Post
    I'm eager to get a bigger screen phone, so if the next iPhone doesn't have one, I'll get a Note 3 or Note 4.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    I'm thinking, there will probably will be. But everyone has their needs on devices, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingBuick View Post
    What will you do?

If the iPhone 6 does not have a 4.7" and or 5.5" screen size, I will either keep my 5s or go for a Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4. I'd really like to see Apple make two flagship iPhones: an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Air) with a 4.7" screen and an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Pro) with a 5.5" screen. Both models should have similar or slightly different features such as an A8 and M8 processor, better camera (better 1080p and maybe 4k recording), iOS 8. I hope that the iPhone Pro will have more advanced features!

What do you all think?

I would switch to something else. I like apple and what they do, but the screen size is too small for me. Others may like it, but I miss the larger sizes that came with other OS's.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DudeThatsErin View Post
    There are just so many issues with a lot of things the OP said, IMO. First, it has been proven through leaks that the iPhone will have 2 screen sizes. Second, pro means fatter...and I think the big iPhone will be basically a smaller version of the iPad Air same shape and everything just smaller overall. Third, apple is so far behind the curve that I doubt their display is going to get much better than the retina. They would have done it on the iPad as a test if it were to happen this year. Fourth, specs about everything were already leaked and I don't think 1080p and 4k recording were apart of the camera specs. They are saying something about it having around the same megapixels it has now.

I know everything isn't official yet but let's be clear on something the leaks that come out from MacRumors, etc. Tend to be true.

My source? PocketNow (among other videos) on YouTube.

Personally, I'm going to the TMobile store when it comes out to check our the 5.5" phone but I am really looking to purchase a phablet this year...preferably not a Note series...but if push comes to shove...

*proven*? Remember those tear dropped iPhone 5's that were supposed to be launched and even had cases made for it? Yeah nothing is "proven" by any leaks, and until apple reveals it, nothing is set in stone.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

I know if you read on I said that...

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

I'm sure the answers haven't changed since the last time this question was asked ... http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...-you-feel.html
    Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous ...

Global Posts
    4,326 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I will buy the new iPhone regardless...just too far an Apple fanboy is I...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use a company phone. At this point, Apple isn't a "bad" phone. On the contrary, in spite of what some others may say, it is a very good phone. I simply want something a bit bigger. However, my company only supports Apple or Blackberry. I would have to dig in and explore the Z30 or something if I want a bigger screen...if Apple doesn't offer one. That being said, the rumor mill seems to be pretty consistent on the bigger screen deal. I am waiting on the edge of my seat...so to speak.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

... then I won't buy one. I'm hoping for a 5" screen!
    Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I know what I'll do... get it anyway! Even though I want a bigger screen on my iPhone... I've never skipped a model, ever. Lol
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    cdacuya81 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I don't know if any one at apple reads these forums, but if they do, maybe it would work best if every single person on here said that they won't buy an iPhone 6 unless it has a bigger screen. Then Apple might feel forced to increase the size. so even though there are so many people that would still buy if the size stayed the same (even if they want larger) we should ALL say that we want to see a larger screen. kind of "force their hand". That said- I want to see a larger screen or I'll go to android!!!!!!!!! not even in a million years would i buy any other phone over an iphone!!! but don't tell apple I said that. lol
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I will quote this person but change 5S to 5 instead. It's really the same thing though. Haha
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a bigger screen, I probably won't get it. Still have the 5 - skipped the 5S. Had iPhones since day 1 (the 2g iPhone) and only skipped the 3G and 5S. But I'm desperately wanting a bigger screen. Can't stand the 4" anymore.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.1

I don't think I'd buy an iPhone with a bigger screen, unless they keep it at 640x1136. I don't care about a retina display. I want to keep the same wallpapers and not have apps that don't fill the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

To be honest, I really don't know what I will do.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl87 View Post
    I don't think I'd buy an iPhone with a bigger screen, unless they keep it at 640x1136. I don't care about a retina display. I want to keep the same wallpapers and not have apps that don't fill the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    They could increase the resolution and still keep it the same layout as the current similar to how they increased the resolution from the 4s-5 they could do the same for the 6 which would keep the same ratio, just keep that "retina" label. You better believe that apple isn't going to make a larger screen with a lower PPI after they marketed the retina term so much and bashed others for "low resolution screens"
    iMore Beginner

I would stick with my 5S but I would be tempted towards the Galaxy S5. I feel it's time for Apple to make that leap.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I'm 99.99999999% certain that the next iPhone will have a bigger screen...so the question is really whether having a larger screen will still fit within my preferences.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

I don't see the appeal for a bigger screen It just sounds like the age old size debate
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    boovish likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast