If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a 4.7 or 5.5" screen...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'd buy an iPhone with a bigger screen, unless they keep it at 640x1136. I don't care about a retina display. I want to keep the same wallpapers and not have apps that don't fill the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

They could increase the resolution and still keep it the same layout as the current similar to how they increased the resolution from the 4s-5 they could do the same for the 6 which would keep the same ratio, just keep that "retina" label. You better believe that apple isn't going to make a larger screen with a lower PPI after they marketed the retina term so much and bashed others for "low resolution screens"

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I would stick with my 5S but I would be tempted towards the Galaxy S5. I feel it's time for Apple to make that leap.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm 99.99999999% certain that the next iPhone will have a bigger screen...so the question is really whether having a larger screen will still fit within my preferences.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a larger screen I'd be fine with it. However, I expect it will have a larger screen. I just hope it's not larger than 4.5.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I hate these stupid bigger screens. If they increase the size, I'll probably just buy it, but I WOULD BE PISSED

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If it not bigger I won't get it, just love having a nice sized screen on a phone now :). My hope is they have 4.0" and 4.7" flagship with same specs then 5.5" phablet for people who like phablets, that way everyone in the market should be happy and iOS has nice coverage from 4.0" - 5.5".

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
big screen is not a big selling point for me. I'm fine with the portability of a 4s honestly. i could go to a larger screen but at some point it's too much for me. I already dislike running with my phone. though i love having gps track my run it's like having an old giant walkman when it starts getting big. I have nano just for running that i've gone back to simply because sometimes the phone is just annoyingly bulky and you get tired of fiddling with it getting it into a case and routing earphone cables. Sadly this old nano doesn't have gps tracking.

But honestly, the option to pick phones with smaller screens is one of the reasons in recent years i've had my android curiosity peaked. Like it's quite neat that there is like a Galaxy S4 and a smaller s4 mini that still is like a 4 inch screen and almost the same phone as the Galaxy S4. And i saw that HTC One M8. I really like the last HTC One but when i saw the new one was quite a bit bigger than the last htc one I'll at least say it gave me pause. I'll be honest. 5.5" screen seems crazy to me. I'll have trouble considering even a 5 inch screen.

And i'm not the sort of person that can't do without. I don't have to have a new phone. I don't have to have apple. I'm still rocking an Iphone 4s and other than not having LTE i'm fine with it. If it had LTE honestly, I wouldn't buy another phone for several years. I don't think.

More important to me are a new case design, i'm not that fond of the current one and it's long overdue for some streamlining. the option to have 128GBs of space. I have an old 80gb ipod that's like 7 years old or something and it holds more than my iphone. Better night photos would be a plus.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
big screen is not a big selling point for me. I'm fine with the portability of a 4s honestly. i could go to a larger screen but at some point it's too much for me. I already dislike running with my phone. though i love having gps track my run it's like having an old giant walkman when it starts getting big. I have nano just for running that i've gone back to simply because sometimes the phone is just annoyingly bulky and you get tired of fiddling with it getting it into a case and routing earphone cables. Sadly this old nano doesn't have gps tracking.

But honestly, the option to pick phones with smaller screens is one of the reasons in recent years i've had my android curiosity peaked. Like it's quite neat that there is like a Galaxy S4 and a smaller s4 mini that still is like a 4 inch screen and almost the same phone as the Galaxy S4. And i saw that HTC One M8. I really like the last HTC One but when i saw the new one was quite a bit bigger than the last htc one I'll at least say it gave me pause. I'll be honest. 5.5" screen seems crazy to me. I'll have trouble considering even a 5 inch screen.

And i'm not the sort of person that can't do without. I don't have to have a new phone. I don't have to have apple. I'm still rocking an Iphone 4s and other than not having LTE i'm fine with it. If it had LTE honestly, I wouldn't buy another phone for several years. I don't think.

More important to me are a new case design, i'm not that fond of the current one and it's long overdue for some streamlining. the option to have 128GBs of space. I have an old 80gb ipod that's like 7 years old or something and it holds more than my iphone. Better night photos would be a plus.

As for the better night photos, I thought the new camera flash on the 5S solved that problem.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i'd still like the ability to adjust the iso so you don't need a flash. I've also heard it's really an issue of the sensor; better sensor better image.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see at least one larger screen iPhone this year. 4.7" would be great. The camera: 8 mp is enough, if other improvements are made such as optical image stabilization as well as a larger sensor and aperture. The 5/5c/5s cameras already make great photos. Just look at the entries in the photo contests here. I mean, like wow! I have other items on my wish list, but they're more for iOS 8 than the next iPhone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Not really a fan of the bigger screens. Plan on keeping my 5s as long as it will work because I'm sure they are going up next time and I just switched from an s3 to go back down and have the 4 inch screen

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The main reason I left iPhone and went to the Samsung Galaxy's and Notes were because of the tiny iPhone screen size.

For those of you saying your happy or content with a 4" screen I'm willing to bet most of you have not spent some quality time with a bigger than 4" display.

I stayed with Apple since day one, owned every model ever made except for the 5c, but in the end ditched my 5s and I'm now an Android guy,.

I would have stayed with iPhone but their stubborn one size fits all mentality drove me away.

If they come out with larger screen size's I might very well come back, but until that happens I'm sticking with Android,,, I'm currently rockin the Galaxy S5 that is an amazing phone overall with an amazing screen,,,, Apple really needs to play catch-up ASAP in the screen size department.

Cheers
Davyo

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What will you do?

If the iPhone 6 does not have a 4.7" and or 5.5" screen size, I will either keep my 5s or go for a Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4. I'd really like to see Apple make two flagship iPhones: an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Air) with a 4.7" screen and an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Pro) with a 5.5" screen. Both models should have similar or slightly different features such as an A8 and M8 processor, better camera (better 1080p and maybe 4k recording), iOS 8. I hope that the iPhone Pro will have more advanced features!

What do you all think?

Avid Apple owner since 2007.

If apple doesn't put a screen bigger than 5" in the next iPhone I won't buy it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if any one at apple reads these forums, but if they do, maybe it would work best if every single person on here said that they won't buy an iPhone 6 unless it has a bigger screen. Then Apple might feel forced to increase the size. so even though there are so many people that would still buy if the size stayed the same (even if they want larger) we should ALL say that we want to see a larger screen. kind of "force their hand". That said- I want to see a larger screen or I'll go to android!!!!!!!!! not even in a million years would i buy any other phone over an iphone!!! but don't tell apple I said that. lol

They know they need a bigger phone and that they are losing potential customers to android. That is assuming that those leaked slides from a supposed meeting within Apple on the subject are true. Mac rumors had the article a few weeks ago I believe with pictures of the slides.