If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a 4.7 or 5.5" screen...

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
What will you do?

If the iPhone 6 does not have a 4.7" and or 5.5" screen size, I will either keep my 5s or go for a Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4. I'd really like to see Apple make two flagship iPhones: an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Air) with a 4.7" screen and an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Pro) with a 5.5" screen. Both models should have similar or slightly different features such as an A8 and M8 processor, better camera (better 1080p and maybe 4k recording), iOS 8. I hope that the iPhone Pro will have more advanced features!

What do you all think?

Avid Apple owner since 2007.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I'd like 128 GB capacity and a higher screen resolution, like 1920 by 1080 or even 4k resolution. I think it'd be you much to be water resistant. The Note 4 might have these features.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I like your idea about an iPhone Pro. That might be worth standing in line. And I am not one to stand in lines.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I like your idea about an iPhone Pro. That might be worth standing in line. And I am not one to stand in lines.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

I always wait until November or December to get any Apple device. At that time I find that the Apple Store has the device in stock.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB with VZW 4G LTE, running iOS 7.1 .

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
There are just so many issues with a lot of things the OP said, IMO. First, it has been proven through leaks that the iPhone will have 2 screen sizes. Second, pro means fatter...and I think the big iPhone will be basically a smaller version of the iPad Air same shape and everything just smaller overall. Third, apple is so far behind the curve that I doubt their display is going to get much better than the retina. They would have done it on the iPad as a test if it were to happen this year. Fourth, specs about everything were already leaked and I don't think 1080p and 4k recording were apart of the camera specs. They are saying something about it having around the same megapixels it has now.

I know everything isn't official yet but let's be clear on something the leaks that come out from MacRumors, etc. Tend to be true.

My source? PocketNow (among other videos) on YouTube.

Personally, I'm going to the TMobile store when it comes out to check our the 5.5" phone but I am really looking to purchase a phablet this year...preferably not a Note series...but if push comes to shove...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with the size of my 5s screen, so it wouldn't bother me if it didn't.

I'm eager to get a bigger screen phone, so if the next iPhone doesn't have one, I'll get a Note 3 or Note 4.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm eager to get a bigger screen phone, so if the next iPhone doesn't have one, I'll get a Note 3 or Note 4.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

I'm thinking, there will probably will be. But everyone has their needs on devices, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What will you do?

If the iPhone 6 does not have a 4.7" and or 5.5" screen size, I will either keep my 5s or go for a Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4. I'd really like to see Apple make two flagship iPhones: an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Air) with a 4.7" screen and an iPhone 6 (I'm calling it the iPhone Pro) with a 5.5" screen. Both models should have similar or slightly different features such as an A8 and M8 processor, better camera (better 1080p and maybe 4k recording), iOS 8. I hope that the iPhone Pro will have more advanced features!

What do you all think?

I would switch to something else. I like apple and what they do, but the screen size is too small for me. Others may like it, but I miss the larger sizes that came with other OS's.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There are just so many issues with a lot of things the OP said, IMO. First, it has been proven through leaks that the iPhone will have 2 screen sizes. Second, pro means fatter...and I think the big iPhone will be basically a smaller version of the iPad Air same shape and everything just smaller overall. Third, apple is so far behind the curve that I doubt their display is going to get much better than the retina. They would have done it on the iPad as a test if it were to happen this year. Fourth, specs about everything were already leaked and I don't think 1080p and 4k recording were apart of the camera specs. They are saying something about it having around the same megapixels it has now.

I know everything isn't official yet but let's be clear on something the leaks that come out from MacRumors, etc. Tend to be true.

My source? PocketNow (among other videos) on YouTube.

Personally, I'm going to the TMobile store when it comes out to check our the 5.5" phone but I am really looking to purchase a phablet this year...preferably not a Note series...but if push comes to shove...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

*proven*? Remember those tear dropped iPhone 5's that were supposed to be launched and even had cases made for it? Yeah nothing is "proven" by any leaks, and until apple reveals it, nothing is set in stone.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a company phone. At this point, Apple isn't a "bad" phone. On the contrary, in spite of what some others may say, it is a very good phone. I simply want something a bit bigger. However, my company only supports Apple or Blackberry. I would have to dig in and explore the Z30 or something if I want a bigger screen...if Apple doesn't offer one. That being said, the rumor mill seems to be pretty consistent on the bigger screen deal. I am waiting on the edge of my seat...so to speak.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know what I'll do... get it anyway! Even though I want a bigger screen on my iPhone... I've never skipped a model, ever. Lol

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if any one at apple reads these forums, but if they do, maybe it would work best if every single person on here said that they won't buy an iPhone 6 unless it has a bigger screen. Then Apple might feel forced to increase the size. so even though there are so many people that would still buy if the size stayed the same (even if they want larger) we should ALL say that we want to see a larger screen. kind of "force their hand". That said- I want to see a larger screen or I'll go to android!!!!!!!!! not even in a million years would i buy any other phone over an iphone!!! but don't tell apple I said that. lol

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 doesn't have a bigger screen, I probably won't get it. Still have the 5 - skipped the 5S. Had iPhones since day 1 (the 2g iPhone) and only skipped the 3G and 5S. But I'm desperately wanting a bigger screen. Can't stand the 4" anymore.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'd buy an iPhone with a bigger screen, unless they keep it at 640x1136. I don't care about a retina display. I want to keep the same wallpapers and not have apps that don't fill the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen