iPhone 6 could it launch before Fall?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I read today speculation based on suppliers ramping up production earlier than usual. The iPhone 6 could launch in July rather than Sep - Oct as it has been for the last little while. The problem with that is the same article considered that the Sapphire plant in Arizona wouldn't be online to start producing enough panels by then. So my question is could they actually launch in July? do we even think they will do a Sapphire infused screen this year?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think Apple could launch anytime they want to launch. As long as they feel it's time and the hardware and software are ready to go. They have launched in the summer before so it's not totally unheard of and they are changing up the way they do things to not become predictable. Although I would love to see a Sapphire screen on the iPhone 6 I just don't feel that it would be this year. I feel like it's more a iPhone 7 thing but it would be nice to show that off as a new feature. The increased production at the plant I think may be because this year they will be bringing Touch ID to not just the iPhone but the iPads as well. So they want to make sure they have more than enough supply to go around. I think if they do a 6s & 6c thing like they did last time the 6c will still get the TouchID because on the 5C TouchID would have made it a more compelling buy.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
You will see an iPhone late summer early fall. No matter what they make, some will hate it others will love it.. Either way Apple will make it right as they see fit.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
No one knows for sure. These same stories come out every year. Yes it's exciting to think it may come out earlier but I'm resigned to the fact it's probably going to be mid-October.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Apple is starting production early so they have enough phones at launch? Has anyone thought of that?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've always thought the fall iPhone release was so they would have hype going in to the Christmas holidays and have that big ticket item.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just want an iPhone to be released just at about the same time as my contract is eligible for an upgrade. iPhone 6 would be mine, and I want a Gold version for it.

Make it happen, Apple :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm voting two phone releases. One in July and one in October. It will be a galaxy/note sorta deal. That's just my opinion. Getting fans amped up more than once a year would be a good idea

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm voting two phone releases. One in July and one in October. It will be a galaxy/note sorta deal. That's just my opinion. Getting fans amped up more than once a year would be a good idea

Sent from my iPhone 5s

You reckon two different screen sizes? But why not at the same time? Just interested to know.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
You reckon two different screen sizes? But why not at the same time? Just interested to know.

Getting everyone excited twice a year rather than once keeps the media talking more, keeps people's interest, and people will buy the release in June sell it and then buy the one in September. I think for marketing with two phones each phone having it's own birthday is a way better "hype" train.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple could introduce multiple models of next gen iPhone with varying screen sizes from 4.7-inches to 5.5-inches. Also functionality of the fingerprint sensor may expanded to support more applications.
earlier launch will be helping 4 Apple as it will ensure significant availability and distribution of the new device during the holiday season

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods