If the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen. How would you feel?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd be pissed. The screen is too small for web browsing and video. I hope they have one small (4") screen size and one big (5+"" screen. That way everyone will be happy.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy! I just don't like geometry boxes! Max screen size I can tolerate is 4.2

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Oz Ist

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I am actually a bit frustrated that the game is all around screen sizes. Yes it is convenient to have a bigger screen when surfing -probably even 5" is too small for that purpose- but other than that it is a hustle to carry around a brick in your pocket. And please try using a huge phone in your car... I would be sad if the dimensions of the iphone remained the same. It should become thinner, bezels should be reduced to minimum the least.

But what I really dream of is a wearable nano sized iphone, e.g. integrated into iwatch and an extension screen of 4.7" to 5"+ which I can take with me when I need it. And it would be awesome if it were made out of see-through glass.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I loved my iPhones, owned every model every made,,, but I left iPhone solely because of the small 4" screen size and Apples one size fits all mentality !!!!!

When the 4.7 comes out I'm coming back to the iPhone, and leaving my much loved Galaxy S5.
If I want to buy another Note I will soon be able to pick the 5.5 iPhone Air instead of another Note if I wish.

What I can't understand in reading this thread is some of the negativity towards Apple now going to offer different screen sizes,,,,, if ya want a 4" screen then buy one, if ya want a 4.7" screen then buy one, if ya want a 5.5" screen then buy one,,,,, we are now finally going to get to have choices for screen sizes,,, how can anyone not think that's a smart move on Apples part,,,,,,,, finally !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am actually a bit frustrated that the game is all around screen sizes. Yes it is convenient to have a bigger screen when surfing -probably even 5" is too small for that purpose- but other than that it is a hustle to carry around a brick in your pocket. And please try using a huge phone in your car... I would be sad if the dimensions of the iphone remained the same. It should become thinner, bezels should be reduced to minimum the least.

But what I really dream of is a wearable nano sized iphone, e.g. integrated into iwatch and an extension screen of 4.7" to 5"+ which I can take with me when I need it. And it would be awesome if it were made out of see-through glass.
Why thinner? The 5/5c/5s are pretty darn thin as is.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Regardless, I would remain with the iPhone. But to upgrade to the 6 of the same size as my 5, it would need more new hardware than just a faster processor. If that's all it added, I'd just stick with my 5. Maybe buy a new battery. My 5 has been problem free. So...

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Regardless, I would remain with the iPhone. But to upgrade to the 6 of the same size as my 5, it would need more new hardware than just a faster processor. If that's all it added, I'd just stick with my 5. Maybe buy a new battery. My 5 has been problem free. So...

Your 5 has been problem free? We'll fix that. See you on EIC. :tongue:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm....that's a tough one. I do like the 4" form factor, but a bigger screen is somethig I have wanted for a while. I'd probably buy it either way though :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I was disappointed with the iPhone 5 size and even more with the iPhone 5S where nothing changes at all.

The next iPhone just have a bigger screen.

One of the reasons is that people don't have the same hand size, some people have smaller hands and some have bigger hands. Typing is sometimes little bit annoying on the iPhone, especially with the awesome but even more compressed German keyboard, (see comparison pictures).

Just making the phone taller won't solve the problem, there have to be different screen sizes or at least one bigger size, minimum 4.7".

yheha9yh.jpg
yvuje9em.jpg

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If its not bigger I won't get it, for me personally a 4" display is a deal breaking, it just makes everything feel cramped and small for me. I also would not only want a bigger display but more content, e.g. websites still render at 320p on the iPhone, which is the same as it did in 2007, I would personally like 420-480p width on the next device, so we not only get more space but also more content.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't really care about the size of the phone anymore. I am happy with the current size of the iPhone. I'm going to always have a full-sized iPad anyway. So I do all of my reading, web browsing, and watching movies on the iPad anyway. But I would not shy away from a bigger iPhone.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd feel duped. There really hasn't been a single indicator that the next iPhone will be anything other than either 4.7" or 5.5" so if Cook walks out on stage with a 4" iPhone I will feel completely played, and likely chuckle a little bit. Then weep. I'm down for at least the 4.7"

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would be disappointed. I'd keep the 5S until another great non-Galaxy Android device is released. I loved my Moto X and I felt like the size (4.7in) was perfect. I don't want anything smaller than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would be disappointed. I'd keep the 5S until another great non-Galaxy Android device is released. I loved my Moto X and I felt like the size (4.7in) was perfect. I don't want anything smaller than that.

I agree, the Moto X has an awesome screen size. I still also like the one hand usability of the current 5 and 5s. I definitely want that bigger screen though :)

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I would be disappointed. I used the Galaxy S5 for a week, and the screen is a thing of beauty! My favorite apps like Tumblr and weheartit looked amazing on that 5-inch screen. I have the iPhone 5s, and I've been saving my upgrade for the iPhone 6, but if it's not bigger I'll just use my upgrade on the Galaxy S5.

mchcreative

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I've had screen envy for a long time. A friend of mine just purchased the HTC One (M8) and I must say it does have a gorgeous screen that I wish my 5s had. The kicker is, that I've very invested in the ecosystem (Mac and iOS) so I have no intentions of changing any time soon. Although Apple's current product line isn't that revolutionary, all of the current products are 10 steps able the competition.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I've had screen envy for a long time. A friend of mine just purchased the HTC One (M8) and I must say it does have a gorgeous screen that I wish my 5s had. The kicker is, that I've very invested in the ecosystem (Mac and iOS) so I have no intentions of changing any time soon. Although Apple's current product line isn't that revolutionary, all of the current products are 10 steps able the competition.

The One M8 was a phone I considered for awhile, and I have to admit it has an amazing screen. I also wish that the iPhone would get a display like that. Hopefully the iPhone 6 will have a >400 ppi screen :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2