If the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen. How would you feel?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would be really pissed! Small screen is the only thing I dislike about the iPhone.

In fact, I know a lot of hardcore android users that wouldn't typically touch an iPhone who would buy one if the screen was a normal size. That'll be more money for them.

I don't know why people are so comfortable with the screen size! I get that it is easy to hold in one hand and what have you but that's getting old, I don't care about that. I like to experience the greatness of my phone and well... I can't! I have to grab my iPad for something else in sight to watch videos and to play games. Thats something I should love on my phone.

Now that he says this I'm yet again disappointed about the next release. I'm tired of the disappointment.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I welcome a slightly larger display, It wouldn't bother me at all if the next iPhone came with the same display size as the current flagship iPhone.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would be just fine with that. If Apple does decide however to make the next iPhone with a larger screen, they better incorporate the jailbreak tweak FullForce into the system. It took developers long enough to update their apps to fit the 4" screen. Some apps are still not updated to fit the screen and it ticks me off.

This post was made by Tiffany

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the fact that they don't want to rush a larger screen. They want to do it right and by that I mean Apple right.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think they should do a bigger screen. At least wider. They can do a lot without increasing the footprint of the phone that much. I love my iPhone 5, and I am not leaving the iOS ecosystem, but I want a slightly bigger screen next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I would be really pissed! Small screen is the only thing I dislike about the iPhone.

In fact, I know a lot of hardcore android users that wouldn't typically touch an iPhone who would buy one if the screen was a normal size. That'll be more money for them.

I don't know why people are so comfortable with the screen size! I get that it is easy to hold in one hand and what have you but that's getting old, I don't care about that. I like to experience the greatness of my phone and well... I can't! I have to grab my iPad for something else in sight to watch videos and to play games. Thats something I should love on my phone.

Now that he says this I'm yet again disappointed about the next release. I'm tired of the disappointment.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be let down but I have an rMini and an Air so it wouldn't affect me much. If a big screen phone was important to me I'd have an android. I've learned that I'm just fine with the 4" display. ...it's quite convenient for one-handed use.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll be extreeeemely disappointed if there's not an option for a larger screen. Enough to jump ship? Probably not, but seeing as how I'll have that phone for two years I'm getting closer.

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
As a happy user of the iPad, I would be ecstatic if Apple created an iPhone the size of the iPod Nano. I am wishing for a wearable Apple future.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
As a happy user of the iPad, I would be ecstatic if Apple created an iPhone the size of the iPod Nano. I am wishing for a wearable Apple future.

iPhone Nano...very interesting indeed...to replace the 4s. Hmmm...

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In terms of having an Apple iPhone in my pocket, I would be fine with having the same screen. But you will see me whip out a MacBook for serious work at the end of the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would feel absolutely fine...I love the size of the iPhone screen right now.

I think it's funny that people now call the larger screen phone's the "normal size"...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would be fine with it. I like the size of the current flagship device.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I would feel absolutely fine...I love the size of the iPhone screen right now.

I think it's funny that people now call the larger screen phone's the "normal size"...

Yeah, only the 5"+ hav'n folks seem to think 5"+ is normal. A 4.8" iPhone would indeed be nice.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be a little disappointed, but life would continue with my Gold 5s and I would probably purchase the "new" iPhone anyway...SMILE