Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'd put much investment into this right now...but if it turns out to be true, the truth is, the iPhones camera is a top tier offering (only bested by the Lumia phones, and even then, only in certain aspects). What we have now is an extraordinary camera for the size of the iPhone chassis, and if they feel focus should be paid in other areas and the camera left alone, so be it...my 5S's camera is my go to camera for all real world situations.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree the camera is already pretty good on the iPhone. If they do stick with 8mp it doesn't mean it's the same camera, I'm sure it will be better.

While I really like the 5s I wasn't too excited going into the announcement because we all knew it was an a model and we knew it would be the same look.

I'm pumped for the 6 just because it will introduce a new form factor and hopefully a bigger screen

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'd put much investment into this right now...but if it turns out to be true, the truth is, the iPhones camera is a top tier offering (only bested by the Lumia phones, and even then, only in certain aspects). What we have now is an extraordinary camera for the size of the iPhone chassis, and if they feel focus should be paid in other areas and the camera left alone, so be it...my 5S's camera is my go to camera for all real world situations.

The only real complaints I have is low light. MP Dont bother me, the rumored OIS and hopefully better low light would make it enough of an improvement for me.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It makes some sense. Basically they are making a similar choice to the one that HTC made with the HTC One, except refusing to go lower than 8 MP (the One went down to 4 MP with its UltraPixel camera), So now they work on all the other stuff -- bigger brighter pixels, image stabilization, etc., etc.

So it seems apple may be sticking with 8mp camera for the next iPhone and further improving it. Personally I think this is smart, because more important is the sensor and with the rumored inclusion of OIS, it could really enhance the iPhone camera. Hope they increase the sensor size and improve on low light photos, that's about the only area the iPhone really struggles at.
iPhone 6 Rear Camera to Retain 8-Megapixel Sensor, Offer Improved Image Stabilization? - Mac Rumors

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use to carry a bulky 35mm snap camera with me when I was a teenager too bad I didn't have my i5s back then it would have been awesome

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Although I think 8mp with OIS + better low light performance is still very nice and would still produce amazing results, I kinda wish Apple would bump the mp a little to, maybe, 12mp.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Agreed!!!

geetarnub

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Although I think 8mp with OIS + better low light performance is still very nice and would still produce amazing results, I kinda wish Apple would bump the mp a little to, maybe, 12mp.

Same, as any successor phone there should be a well round of improvements. I just think the size is their main issue that they are finally tryin-i mean, getting a clue to mold the iphone to a more competitive size that the camera is becoming an afterthought (for now). But cant complain, personally using different smartphone cameras up to date, the 4S' camera is still considered great quality in comparison imo. Making 5/S camera a no brainer one of the greatest if not the best.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Twitter.com/eprahhl
Eprahhl.vsco.co
Instagram.com/eprahhl

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
its not fair with iPhone lovers that apple still thinking to continue 8mp camera even in big screen and more functions develop in i6 ,before we think 5S sure get increase more than 8 but still on 8.
so its a perfect time with iPhone6 a huge and so innovate device rumored from apple , have to be make camera improve to minimum 10mp or maximum 12mp-13mp
should be apple cost more for new upcoming iPhone

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
its not fair with iPhone lovers that apple still thinking to continue 8mp camera even in big screen and more functions develop in i6 ,before we think 5S sure get increase more than 8 but still on 8.
so its a perfect time with iPhone6 a huge and so innovate device rumored from apple , have to be make camera improve to minimum 10mp or maximum 12mp-13mp
should be apple cost more for new upcoming iPhone

I would be happy with along with the larger screen, increasing the sensor size of the camera like the HTC one did. They could keep it at 8mp and enlarge the sensor to better low light performance.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Same, as any successor phone there should be a well round of improvements. I just think the size is their main issue that they are finally tryin-i mean, getting a clue to mold the iphone to a more competitive size that the camera is becoming an afterthought (for now). But cant complain, personally using different smartphone cameras up to date, the 4S' camera is still considered great quality in comparison imo. Making 5/S camera a no brainer one of the greatest if not the best.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Twitter.com/eprahhl
Eprahhl.vsco.co
Instagram.com/eprahhl

Nothing is an afterthought with Apple design, they plan ahead and always looking forward. I don't care that Tim Cook says Apple's focus isn't innovation, they'll always be innovating when and where need be.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Its still lacking in low light, it is "good" but far from amazing

I think it's amazing for what it is...and none of the phones on the market aside from the Lumia's are good at low light at all, I'd even venture to say that the 5S is the best of the rest. Now if we want a heavy, large chassis phone, sure, we can have all the expectations of a camera like the Lumia line has, but personally, for the form factor and the camera that is offered in it, it's nothing short of amazing.

A camera with more megapixels isn't going to really improve low light performance...the sensor within the camera system itself is what will do that, combined with the addition of beefier hardware and a more legitimate flash. We're talking about things that are not space saving in the least, and you end up with this bulge in the back like you see with so many cameras on smart phones...think about what people like about the iPhone...many would agree that the design is one of the leading attributes. Would you really want a slightly better low light function at the expense of the design features? I wouldn't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2