iPhone 6: A beautiful concept called iPhone Air

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That better be a super strong phone if it's going to be that thin. Although it looks fantastic, it also looks like there isn't enough of an edge to hold the phone any way other than in the palm of your hand.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Fragility could really be side stepped with the introduction of carbon fiber chassis and body components as well as gorilla glass enhancements that have been discussed over the last year or so. Truth be told, you could have a device this thin with characteristics and durability BETTER than the current offerings on the market. The technology has long been out there, it just comes down to implementing it.

Where my concern would be is the battery life...so far we've not seen any real world testing on thinner batteries (than what we have already) that support long life spans, so I would be concerned that this sexy phone would also only get 2-3 hours of full battery life.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The camera would be absolutely terrible. Apple already sacrifices camera with the iPhone 5/5S, let alone making a phone that thin. The camera wouldn't even be usable. Would not buy.

Synchronistically transposed

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The camera would be absolutely terrible. Apple already sacrifices camera with the iPhone 5/5S, let alone making a phone that thin. The camera wouldn't even be usable. Would not buy.

5 years ago we would have made the same assessment about the current iPhone 5S's camera (based on the chassis design of the phone)...and yet, here we are.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
5 years ago we would have made the same assessment about the current iPhone 5S's camera (based on the chassis design of the phone)...and yet, here we are.

True, but given what Apple had to do to make the camera in the 5/5S work as well as it does tell me we're not quite ready for a thinner camera. But Apple is always innovating, I would look at it, but my hopes are not high for a decent camera at such thinness. If anyone can pull it off though, it would be Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
True, but given what Apple had to do to make the camera in the 5/5S work as well as it does tell me we're not quite ready for a thinner camera. But Apple is always innovating, I would look at it, but my hopes are not high for a decent camera at such thinness. If anyone can pull it off though, it would be Apple.

I certainly agree...the size of the current camera hardware is probably about as thin and space conserving as you can get on a device. That said, I really think that with all the technology they have been working on with this e-paper stuff, and also, the printable micro chip setups, the only thing I can see getting in the way anymore is the actual lens itself. Hopefully they'll find a way because this style would be bad *** in my opinion.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My concern be it correct in what Sean mentions and speaks of in body components to make a phone so thin but yet very strong, Will this if implemented come at a price that we would not want to pay as opposed to the current cost of iPhones?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
My concern be it correct in what Sean mentions and speaks of in body components to make a phone so thin but yet very strong, Will this if implemented come at a price that we would not want to pay as opposed to the current cost of iPhones?

I remember a time when spending the amount now for a phone, was out there. But when it comes to tech, I think people will pay.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I like the sound of iPhone Air. The numbering system at the moment can't be used for much longer without it sounding ridiculous. iPhone 7 or iPhone 10.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR