LED light

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't care if there is a notification light or not. But I do find it disappointing the way some in this forum, particularly those who are supposed to be 'leaders', treat others for having an opposing want or an opinion. Whether it's a desire for a blinking light or a larger screen, whenever the topic comes up, the persons bringing the topic up are basically attacked.

God forbid someone turn to a forum to discuss what's on their mind smh.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't care if there is a notification light or not. But I do find it disappointing the way some in this forum, particularly those who are supposed to be 'leaders', treat others for having an opposing want or an opinion. Whether it's a desire for a blinking light or a larger screen, whenever the topic comes up, the persons bringing the topic up are basically attacked.

Agreed!! Well said!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Thank you :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Opinions for thee, but none for me? Or only if I agree with you... Then I can have an opinion?

Perhaps in your free time you can re-read how you come off to people. Not only in this thread but countless others. I don't know if tact went out the window with you once you earned your title, or if you have always been this way, but I've witnessed it time and time again. But if playing the opinion card works for you then carry on.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the main reason for some 'tart' replies is that this subject had been discussed over and over and over and at some point we (the mods and other long time members) are just tired of seeing it and have the naturally acerbic reaction that we want the subject to stop and go away. Similar to when my children (I'm not calling anyone a child-just describing my reaction) try to tell me the same story or phrase over and over and over and I get irritated and tell them to stop because I already heard it the first time.
Mods are human. We get irritated and annoyed and have opinions. For the record though I do agree that if Apple hasn't added one in the past 7 years, they probably won't. If they do add one, I don't care as long as it doesn't mess with the aesthetics if my phone.

And that is fine. But as Moderators, I would also suspect that you spend quite a fair amount of time partrolling and participating in the forums correct? Therefore, you are seeing the material over and over. And that is great. But I would hope you do not lose sight of the fact that many of the common members come and go. Many are new. They have not invested the time to see all of the threads that you have and while the search function is great, it is far from perfect.

Perhaps it is merely the extension of ones personality traits. Because while there are many moderators patrolling the forums, it is only a select few who seem to disregard the feelings of many contributors. Disagreement on topics is commonplace in the forums and it will always be. And that can be one of the greatest things about coming here.....the discussion that comes from differentiating points of view. But there are tactful ways to go about it, and there are tart. To me, there is no place for tart in what is supposedly a 'family forum' atmosphere. At least not in the situation where someone is merely stating a harmless wish and nothing more. There was nothing, not a thing, that provoked or warranted the tart responses.

If someone is that easily irritated and short fused, then perhaps the burdon and priveledge of being a moderator is simply too much to bear.

Last edited:

hellboy888

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I would love it if the iPhone 6 had a blinking front led light when you get a un viewed alert just like blackberry and the galaxy that would be nifty. I don't like having any alerts show on my hole screen so this would be a huge help having a small blinking red light lol

Yes, definately would had been awesome.
hardest part is that no app can dodge this problem :raised-eyebrow:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My opinion on the LED light is that if they can fit it behind the glass without me seeing it or changing the design of the phone, go for it, because I don't have to even know it exists.

My opinion on the idea that moderators and ambassadors should "hold their tongue" (for lack of better term) when it comes to fully expressing opinions is just ridiculous...and mainly because most of the moderators and ambassadors are also long standing and knowledgeable members who have put forth some effort and/or time to this community, and their opinions and reflections on comments are typically not just random "rudeness", they are very defined reactions to any given retort from another member.

Frankly, it's become kind of humorous how people jump on mods and ambassadors for their opinions as if the titles should come with filters...that makes absolutely no sense to me, especially when it's coming from other long standing members of the community. Requiring white glove treatment from people because of their title seems to be a really annoying movement from a relatively fresh entitlement generation...nobody commands respect on an internet forum, you earn it, and you hand it out as you see fit, top dog or 1 post newbie.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My opinion on the LED light is that if they can fit it behind the glass without me seeing it or changing the design of the phone, go for it, because I don't have to even know it exists.

My opinion on the idea that moderators and ambassadors should "hold their tongue" (for lack of better term) when it comes to fully expressing opinions is just ridiculous...and mainly because most of the moderators and ambassadors are also long standing and knowledgeable members who have put forth some effort and/or time to this community, and their opinions and reflections on comments are typically not just random "rudeness", they are very defined reactions to any given retort from another member.

Frankly, it's become kind of humorous how people jump on mods and ambassadors for their opinions as if the titles should come with filters...that makes absolutely no sense to me, especially when it's coming from other long standing members of the community. Requiring white glove treatment from people because of their title seems to be a really annoying movement from a relatively fresh entitlement generation...nobody commands respect on an internet forum, you earn it, and you hand it out as you see fit, top dog or 1 post newbie.

Fair enough. I will retract my pointing out that it was a mod who made the snarky, unnecessary commentary. I was under the misunderstanding that as a Moderator, part of your roll was to keep things relatively civil and respectful vs the contrary. And therefore, my higher expectations of moderators is unfounded.

And you are right..."most" of the moderators/ambassadors opinions and reflections on comments are typically not just random "rudeness", they are very defined reactions to any given retort from another member.

I firmly believe that everyone has a right to their opinion and to share it when they deem fit. I felt that given the OP was not stating something Apple 'needed' to do, was not hating on Apple for not having done it yet, was not trying to stir the pot or take away value.....that respectful disagreement was certainly warranted from those who do not wish to see, in this case, an LED notification light. But to jump down the OPs throat with the Aww Jeez, smh, bleeping blinky light, if you don't like it go get a different phone and stop complaining, keep dreaming if it makes you feel good, etc. Really? I guess I am getting thin skinned in my older age but I don't see the reason for it. Just me.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. I will retract my pointing out that it was a mod who continues to make snarky, unnecessary commentary. I was under the misunderstanding that as a Moderator, part of your roll was to keep things relatively civil and respectful vs the contrary. And therefore, my higher expectations of moderators is unfounded.

And you are right..."most" of the moderators/ambassadors opinions and reflections on comments are typically not just random "rudeness", they are very defined reactions to any given retort from another member.

I firmly believe that everyone has a right to their opinion and to share it when they deem fit. I felt that given the OP was not stating something Apple 'needed' to do, was not hating on Apple for not having done it yet, was not trying to stir the pot or take away value.....that respectful disagreement was certainly warranted from those who do not wish to see, in this case, an LED notification light. But to jump down the OPs throat with the Aww Jeez, smh, bleeping blinky light, if you don't like it go get a different phone and stop complaining, keep dreaming if it makes you feel good, etc. Really? I guess I am getting thin skinned in my older age but I don't see the reason for it. Just me.

But at the same time you are asking a person to simply ignore and move on, you seem to do just the opposite in response to their comments. I mean don't get me wrong, I think you have just as much right to complain about it as they have to make the comments that are in question, but let's be real here...we all get annoyed by different things on this forum, whether it be a person's ignorance to common forum etiquette, redundancies like the one in this thread, or even the trolls that come around and try to kick of dust...we all respond differently to stuff, and maybe to you, the proper response is to walk away and let it go...I'm sure you've said the same thing about things I've gone into long winded debates about on this website (maybe even this discussion), but to me, sometimes, I don't feel like just walking away, I feel like making a remark, comment or down right trashing some one because that's what I want to do.

Want to walk away? Do it! I'm sure there's hundreds of posts per day that any one of us just walks away from rather than starting up a crap storm discussion with people's feelings getting hurt.

Also, I think that what people view as "disrespectful" has just become way too generous these days...he was brash and to the point, he didn't disrespect the OP, but he did add his own taste to the response to a really REALLY redundant (and ridiculous) discussion. He even added that it was purely his opinion at the end of the comment. When I said commanding and earning respect, my comments were in relation to a persons contributions to a website, and approaching their retorts with some historic consideration before just jumping their a$$ about an incident like this (not to say YOU did, as you clearly made your comments reflective of other incidents as well, but there's my point in itself, you went back and made a distinction between his historic posts vs. ones more recent, and that is a respect thing you wouldn't afford a new person).

And then you want to call him out on it...by doing the same thing you are getting frustrated about. Questioning the abilities of the person to moderate the forum, making subtly snide remarks back. I mean come on man, you're here a lot...why make a comment about someone spending their life in a forum when you have over 600 posts your self. I can tell you that I have thousands of posts on here and really only because I'm sitting here in my patrol truck with NOTHING to do many times and I just shoot the sh*t with you guys and eat up time until I can go home TO my life...i don't represent everyone, maybe not even most people...but my life isn't spent here, even if you would imply such by your irritation.

That said, Im sure you're just rolling your eyes at my post now, so it's all good...feel free to complain about it more. I just think it's foolish, especially when you know good and well that this topic is asinine yourself. I mean if this thread was about how the iPhone needed a 5.5" screen, we'd trash on the person...he didn't even do that to the OP, and yet you'd think he called him a dimwitted buffoon who should take a swan dive off a building...i didn't get that with his post, but maybe I'm too brash for you too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rolling my eyes about it at all. The exact opposite as a matter of fact. My eyes are open to my hypocritical ways and for that I apologize. I don't disagree with a thing you typed above. At times I catch myself typing off of emotion without truly thinking through the angles. This thread unfortunately is one of those times.

You had a point, I just didn't agree with it. Doesn't mean you can't have it legitimately...

Honestly, I can almost guarantee you that the negative tone comes from exactly what you see later in that first page of this thread...when it starts to be argued that the idea it's unnecessary is ridiculous. Every time one of these threads pops up, the person/people who think it's a good idea start rallying around that idea and if someone states an opinion to the contrary, they are just being negative or closed minded. Personally, when the thread started, I was just going to respond "lol @ redundant LED desire", but I got side tracked and started talking about something else...ADD and all.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

That's can be easily done on black devices. The last few Nexus devices I've owned have LEDs that are pretty much invisible unless they're flashing. Not sure how it would look on white devices though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2