is it worth or wrost that iphone come with curved display

DYLANHABKIRK

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Apple could justify a curved display in the market currently. On an iPhone of course.

I love the idea on a watch, because the shape of the wrist, but the iPhone is obviously a different story.

Not only is it a BIG risk, but until the LG G Flex, and Samsung Round Show the market is really ready for the displays - and proves there is a high demand for it - don't count on seeing a curved iPhone for YEARS to come.

Making a curved display obviously requires flexibility - and if we know anything from Apple, and it's fans - Aluminum works, and well.

Making a plastic, or bendable flagship iPhone draws two concerns in my eyes - first being the quality we've all come to love, and lust for. The second is maintaining an aluminum body, while being able to withstand bends, such as pockets, and such.

Flat phones seem to be the current thing, and to me, curves phone displays in the shapes of the LG G Flex, and Galaxy Round seem to be a fad that will fizzle into a different shape, or disband otherwise.

I do not want a curved display on my iPhone, and I can not currently be convinced otherwise. I see zero benefit personally, and enjoy my iPhone 5S just they way it is. (Aside from a larger display desire (5"))

Thanks!

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If it perhaps goes around an edge, potentially active buttons and/or display message on side when in case or holster perhaps. Otherwise I have little interest in curved screen just for sake of being curved. Doesn't appear to add any value for me.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Took years to get rid of the boo? tube TV so why would I want a curved cellphone

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't think Apple could justify a curved display in the market currently. On an iPhone of course.

I love the idea on a watch, because the shape of the wrist, but the iPhone is obviously a different story.

Not only is it a BIG risk, but until the LG G Flex, and Samsung Round Show the market is really ready for the displays - and proves there is a high demand for it - don't count on seeing a curved iPhone for YEARS to come.

Making a curved display obviously requires flexibility - and if we know anything from Apple, and it's fans - Aluminum works, and well.

Making a plastic, or bendable flagship iPhone draws two concerns in my eyes - first being the quality we've all come to love, and lust for. The second is maintaining an aluminum body, while being able to withstand bends, such as pockets, and such.

Flat phones seem to be the current thing, and to me, curves phone displays in the shapes of the LG G Flex, and Galaxy Round seem to be a fad that will fizzle into a different shape, or disband otherwise.

I do not want a curved display on my iPhone, and I can not currently be convinced otherwise. I see zero benefit personally, and enjoy my iPhone 5S just they way it is. (Aside from a larger display desire (5"))

Thanks!

Apple could also do slightly curved glass like the Galaxy Nexus instead of a full on bending display.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If Apple decided to go that route, I'm sure it will be done right and everyone would still love it

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If Apple decided to go that route, I'm sure it will be done right and everyone would still love it

I agree that I have no doubt either that Apple will do it right if they decide to go down the curved glass route. Of course, their concept of 'doing it right' might not be to everyone's tastes. I honestly hope they don't though as the thought of curved glass really turns me off unless they keep the current form factor, just with a glass side for on-screen volume (etc) buttons, and even then i'm not completely sold.

I think the big manufacturers are just patent trolling at the moment. It seems there are constant patent wars between the main manufacturers, not to get a leg up in the world, but to pull everyone else down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2