2014 and beyond iPhone line up? iPhone 6?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Next year's line up?

Maybe I missed it...where was the good question?

We might as well ask "What's the iPhone going to look like in 2145? What do you think it'll be called when they run out of numbers to fit on the box?", the legitimacy of the information shared would be about the same as what could relevantly be shared in this thread. While we're at it, who's going to win the Superbowl for the next 20 years? Might as well place some bets right?

I'll tell you what's nauseating...the amount of complaint threads we see on this forum after iPhone announcements because people bought into rumor mill BS and got their hopes up on features, functions and changes that were not even close to being reality. Speculative guessing...you might as well put a bunch of futuristic "changes" and "names" that could take place on any smart phone or computer, put them on a board and throw darts at it to decide what would be good to discuss.

Maybe Apple will name the next entry level phone the iPhone Pro Ultra Super Awesome Joy Happy Times...maybe they'll call it the 6 and the 6c...maybe they'll call it Koala Bear.

I actually like "Koala Bear". Apple named the OS X versions after big cats... I say they start naming the iPhones after marsupials (Kangaroo, Koala, Wombat, Tasmanian Devil, Opossum, Glider)...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

not sure how it happened that this became a thread of its own as my original post was to have been made as a reply to a thread with the same title... and now they're merged.... :)

I saw that and figured they both were suppose to be the same thread, but opted to post separately just in case...:)
My bad guys! I tried to move a tread similar to this one to the iPhone 6 forum using the iMore mobile app and for some reason it only moved the first post. Anyway, I've moved this thread where it belongs now. Sorry for the confusion. :concern:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My bad guys! I tried to move a tread similar to this one to the iPhone 6 forum using the iMore mobile app and for some reason it only moved the first post. Anyway, I've moved this thread where it belongs now. Sorry for the confusion. :concern:

It's all good. 😉

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

If I somehow offended you, I apologize... but c'mon, man... as someone said, the current phones haven’t even hit the shelves yet, and we’re now off to consider the next iteration?

Let’s enjoy the newest crop of iPhone for a few months... it’s not like Jony Ive is watching these forums for a clue about where to go from here. Clearly Apple has their own plan, and none of us are privy to it...

Not a problem. No offense taken. I enjoy the business strategy debates is all. But yeah, I can see that most here probably have store lineups and buying the 5S on their minds right now. It's a valid point.

@Sean Yep, that can be annoying too..lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

It's too early to make any real prediction on what the next iPhone will or won't be. Lets get the iPhone 5C and 5S out for awhile first, then talk new iPhones.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

For me I like the design of the iPhone 5 and the 4/4S. I'd love to have a 4S with a 4.5" screen and as thin as the 5. For me if Apple finds a way to make the next iPhone with an All-Day Battery and make the camera better then I'm sold.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Some of you seem to have forgotten that this a help and DISCUSSION forum.
Take a step back
Take a few deep breaths.
Is it necessary for you to judge what is and isn't a valid topic?
What credentials to you have to pass judgement anyway?

I'm not upgrading this year, so there's nothing for me to 'enjoy' about the new hardware.
My thoughts are a year or two in the future, and I wonder sometimes what will be available when I'm ready to upgrade.
If you're getting a 5S or 5C this year, great! Enjoy it.

Back on topic

Unless they introduce something very different (eg: larger screen size), then the least confusing thing to consumers would be to stick with the branding they just announced. Especially since they likely spent many months and lots of money to determine that adding a 'C' was the simplest and most effective way to accomplish their goals and communicate to potential customers.

So, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6C, followed by iPhone 7 & iPhone 7C

No more 'S' upgrades.
lol. New slogan: C is the new S.

Last edited:

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Assuming it will be called iphone 6.
My prediction or wish list of features would be.
-bigger screen
-better processor(trend)
-touch id(it's a keeper)
-3d capable camera
-waterproof(without a case)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd also add. It will not require a cord to recharge or sync. It recharge thru a iPhone recharge mat and sync thru it as well. Headset can be bt or a magnetize type of connection.

These features will help allow it to be waterproof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I actually like "Koala Bear". Apple named the OS X versions after big cats... I say they start naming the iPhones after marsupials (Kangaroo, Koala, Wombat, Tasmanian Devil, Opossum, Glider)...

What about naming the iPhone after Female body parts or Bowel Movements just to keep things interesting

Just Saying :)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Assuming it will be called iphone 6.
My prediction or wish list of features would be.
-bigger screen
-better processor(trend)
-touch id(it's a keeper)
-3d capable camera
-waterproof(without a case)

People have been predicting bigger screens for years. Sooner or later that prediction will come true. It did last year, and may again, but there are many other threads on that topic.

3D is a fad that is grossly out of style these days... and not sure about the waterproof thing...

I’ll give you
TouchID - it is a keeper
better processor - that’s a given

And I’ll throw in even more battery.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

What about naming the iPhone after Female body parts or Bowel Movements just to keep things interesting

Just Saying :)

Sent from my iPhone 5

IMHO, female body parts should be reserved as names for BlackBerry devices... and every one knows that Android devices should be names after BMs (Deuce, Loaf, Log and the flagship Prairie Dog...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

IMHO, female body parts should be reserved as names for BlackBerry devices... and every one knows that Android devices should be names after BMs (Deuce, Loaf, Log and the flagship Prairie Dog...

LMFAO!! That's funny 😜

Sent from my iPhone 5

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

While I agree with you, blackberry would get a shot at redemption by naming their next flagship device the Sh** Storm.

The first step on the road to forgiveness is admitting you were wrong.
Even if you say it in a way that's tongue in cheek. (Bonus pun!)

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking next will be 6 and 6C. 5S 5C $99 and free. The 4S discountinued. Then maybe 6S, 6C stays the same.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking next year they'll go iPhone 6, iPhone 5CS for $100 cheaper (5S with 5C body) and 5C for free... and drop the 4S. Then 2015, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6C for $100 cheaper, iPhone 5SC for free... and drop the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5C. One top of the line phone, and at least one plastic lower model, and one carryover from previous years. Hard to tell since this year is the first year they've ever offered two different new model iPhones

Just, wondering how 2014 line up for iphone? 6, 5SC, 5C or even 2015-- 6S, 6C , 5SC?? I think apple should find some other name, otherwise it'll be very confusing? I think apple should redesign iphone every year to keep up with smartphone market. And just simple line up, example 2014 line up, 6M (max 4.5-5 inch, 6 (4 inch), 6C (colors), 6B (basic 3.5 inch) and 2015 will be 7M, 7, 7C, 7B What do iPhone's fan think?? Rene , anyone??

No. Apple does not need to offer a completely new phone design every year. Offering a new phone once every two years, with a moderate update after one year, is perfect. Most cell phone contracts are two years, and offering people the option to get the newest iPhone model every contract period (or the newest "S" update model, depending when your contract began) makes sure people don't feel left behind...

Apple doesn't need to "keep up" with the smartphone market. They just sold 9 million new handsets in the first 3 days following the launch of the 5S and 5C. Without a bigger screen. Without a quad core processor. Without a 1080p screen. Without 3gb of RAM. Without expandable memory, without a bazillion-megapixel camera... without basically everything people said the iPhone would need to survive... and without releasing a complete redesign every 12 months.

The only thing I think Apple should do, is offer an expanded range of available colors for the "C" model.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Tim Cook will ride on stage on a unicorn and announce the iPhone 36 and 36c which will be chips imbedded into the brain of the user making for a completely hands free experience and will be able to supply a flavor burst to the users tongue simply by thinking it. Think Doritos and bam! Nacho cheese flavor hits your taste buds. Of course those would be in app purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Man I'll buy an iPhone 36c TONIGHT! ;) :D

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Tim Cook will ride on stage on a unicorn and announce the iPhone 36 and 36c which will be chips imbedded into the brain of the user making for a completely hands free experience and will be able to supply a flavor burst to the users tongue simply by thinking it. Think Doritos and bam! Nacho cheese flavor hits your taste buds. Of course those would be in app purchases.
[/URL]

I'm pretty sure you've all seen it, but your post reminded me of this. :)

Futurama- Eyephone - YouTube

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods