2014 and beyond iPhone line up? iPhone 6?

Oyoil

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just, wondering how 2014 line up for iphone? 6, 5SC, 5C or even 2015-- 6S, 6C , 5SC?? I think apple should find some other name, otherwise it'll be very confusing? I think apple should redesign iphone every year to keep up with smartphone market. And just simple line up, example 2014 line up, 6M (max 4.5-5 inch, 6 (4 inch), 6C (colors), 6B (basic 3.5 inch) and 2015 will be 7M, 7, 7C, 7B What do iPhone's fan think?? Rene , anyone??

SurfDrifter

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Next year's line up?

I'm just curious on what next years line-up will be.

Since they replaced iPhone 5 with 5C, will that mean that next year we will have

1) iPhone 6 16/32/64GB
2) iPhone 5cs 16GB (they will make 5s a plastic one)
3) iPhone 5c 8GB

Too much plastic maybe? Or maybe abandon the 3 versions and have only 2 versions? iPhone 6 and iPhone 5cs

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Next year's line up?

Can we at least enjoy the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S before we start speculating about the iPhone 6? :).....Still, to answer your question, I have no idea what to expect except that it will be better spec wise in comparison to any previous iPhone version.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

not sure how it happened that this became a thread of its own as my original post was to have been made as a reply to a thread with the same title... and now they're merged.... :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I've thought about this and two things make sense. Next year there will be iPhone 6 and so it would be 6c with the 5s internals. If there was a 6s it would be 7c and so the c model would always have a bigger number than the flagship. Now Apple can pretty much do anything they could just have the 6c for both the iPhone 6 and 6s releases and just say the internals have been updated. People would still buy it but personally I don't think it's sexy enough.

Now think about an iPhone user. They usually upgrade on full number models or they wait for the s model upgrade. Now Apple covers both every year. The c model is the previous years internals. So what I think they will do is drop the s and just have full numbers with the c from now on. So iPhone 6 and 6c, iPhone 7 and 7c, iPhone 8 and 8c. So a customer will just walk in and say I want the iPhone 6,7,8,etc. However they could also do the iPad move and have iPhone and iPhone c. So the customer just says I want the new iPhone.

It's all interesting and we will not know for sure until next year when Apple reveals the phones.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

not sure how it happened that this became a thread of its own as my original post was to have been made as a reply to a thread with the same title... and now they're merged.... :)

I saw that and figured they both were suppose to be the same thread, but opted to post separately just in case...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

The 5S and 5c haven't even hit the shelves and you're asking this? LOL! There is zero information about any future iPhone's...wait until next year to ask this.

SurfDrifter

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

The 5S and 5c haven't even hit the shelves and you're asking this? LOL! There is zero information about any future iPhone's...wait until next year to ask this.

Of course I'm not asking for information, but mostly I try to figure out how they will manage from now on the releases, just for curiosity sake's. Also as Ipheuria said, the current 5s will probably become next years 6c. I don't think that naming is 5cs will be nice.

Just a brain excercise!

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Tim Cook will ride on stage on a unicorn and announce the iPhone 36 and 36c which will be chips imbedded into the brain of the user making for a completely hands free experience and will be able to supply a flavor burst to the users tongue simply by thinking it. Think Doritos and bam! Nacho cheese flavor hits your taste buds. Of course those would be in app purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Can we at least enjoy the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S before we start speculating about the iPhone 6? :).....Still, to answer your question, I have no idea what to expect except that it will be better spec wise in comparison to any previous iPhone version.

Clearly we cannot. People are not satisfied with what they have (or can have)... they always want something more. #ageofentitlement

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Of course I'm not asking for information, but mostly I try to figure out how they will manage from now on the releases, just for curiosity sake's. Also as Ipheuria said, the current 5s will probably become next years 6c. I don't think that naming is 5cs will be nice.

Just a brain excercise!

You want a brain exercise? Use that noggin and realize that there's nothing to figure out about any facet of a new iPhone that is coming in 2014...for all we know, Apple will eliminate all iPhones and replace them with cucumbers next year. Speculation, especially prior to the release of THIS year's iPhone, is comical really.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Lots of snarky replies in this thread to a good question.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Lots of idiotic replies in this thread to a good question. If you can't be respectful, then ignore the thread. I suppose they can't all be "which color did you get?" type questions though..lol But seriously, half of you are "ambassadors" but it seems more like a little glee club where you pat each other on the back. It gets a bit nauseating to read at times..

Below are the responses in this thread from "ambassadors". Tell me where any of them are disrespectful or like a "glee club", as you put it.

I just heard Apple is going to jump straight to iPhone 7.

I've thought about this and two things make sense. Next year there will be iPhone 6 and so it would be 6c with the 5s internals. If there was a 6s it would be 7c and so the c model would always have a bigger number than the flagship. Now Apple can pretty much do anything they could just have the 6c for both the iPhone 6 and 6s releases and just say the internals have been updated. People would still buy it but personally I don't think it's sexy enough.

Now think about an iPhone user. They usually upgrade on full number models or they wait for the s model upgrade. Now Apple covers both every year. The c model is the previous years internals. So what I think they will do is drop the s and just have full numbers with the c from now on. So iPhone 6 and 6c, iPhone 7 and 7c, iPhone 8 and 8c. So a customer will just walk in and say I want the iPhone 6,7,8,etc. However they could also do the iPad move and have iPhone and iPhone c. So the customer just says I want the new iPhone.

It's all interesting and we will not know for sure until next year when Apple reveals the phones.

Clearly we cannot. People are not satisfied with what they have (or can have)... they always want something more. #ageofentitlement

My other response was with a fellow moderator in regard to a "technical mishap" where one thread became two with the same title. Again, where's the disrespect?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I understand where some people want to enjoy the current iPhones shine. It gets a bit nauseating when the phone is out and boom we're on to the next rumour. However that is not what this thread is about. We are all Apple loyal, we all know more about Apple's ways than the high paid Analyst idiots out there. So we get a little excited about future Apple stuff where's the harm in that? I thought it was a valid question I even wondered it myself. It's all in fun to speculate on how the introduction of the new phone might affect the line up.

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

It is getting to the stage that technology will plato when relating to mobile phone. After all there is a limit to what people want from a phone. Personally I can't think of what major thing that could be added?!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Maybe I missed it...where was the good question?

We might as well ask "What's the iPhone going to look like in 2145? What do you think it'll be called when they run out of numbers to fit on the box?", the legitimacy of the information shared would be about the same as what could relevantly be shared in this thread. While we're at it, who's going to win the Superbowl for the next 20 years? Might as well place some bets right?

I'll tell you what's nauseating...the amount of complaint threads we see on this forum after iPhone announcements because people bought into rumor mill BS and got their hopes up on features, functions and changes that were not even close to being reality. Speculative guessing...you might as well put a bunch of futuristic "changes" and "names" that could take place on any smart phone or computer, put them on a board and throw darts at it to decide what would be good to discuss.

Maybe Apple will name the next entry level phone the iPhone Pro Ultra Super Awesome Joy Happy Times...maybe they'll call it the 6 and the 6c...maybe they'll call it Koala Bear.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Lots of snarky replies in this thread to a good question.

If I somehow offended you, I apologize... but c'mon, man... as someone said, the current phones haven’t even hit the shelves yet, and we’re now off to consider the next iteration?

Let’s enjoy the newest crop of iPhone for a few months... it’s not like Jony Ive is watching these forums for a clue about where to go from here. Clearly Apple has their own plan, and none of us are privy to it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh