iPhone 6... should it be bigger than a 5" display?

If Apple goes bigger on the iPhone 6, how much bigger do you think they should go on the display?

• 4.5"

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 5"

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • 5.5"

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 6"

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
If you're going to go BIG with a touchscreen display, does it make sense to go REALLY big?

With the current 4" display, the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s maintain their one-handed usability. But if Apple gets around to going bigger on the iPhone 6, at that point when you lose one-handed friendliness does it make sense to go REALLY big and offer more than 5"? Maybe 5.5" or even 6"? An iPhone 6 w/ a 6" display would make sense (and they could still also offer a 4" model for those who prefer the current model.

Vote on the poll above and sound off below!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to go BIG with a touchscreen display, does it make sense to go REALLY big?

With the current 4" display, the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s maintain their one-handed usability. But if Apple gets around to going bigger on the iPhone 6, at that point when you lose one-handed friendliness does it make sense to go REALLY big and offer more than 5"? Maybe 5.5" or even 6"? An iPhone 6 w/ a 6" display would make sense (and they could still also offer a 4" model for those who prefer the current model.

Vote on the poll above and sound off below!

How big is the screen on that BlackBerry?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The next iPad mini should also have phone circuitry in it... maybe then the "I want a bigger screen" whines will cease. :p

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
No. Apple will stay with the same screen size and drop the 4S next year to have uniformity across all the current iPhone models. Just my $0.02

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it need one? No, I'm happy enough with the current screen size.

If they make one would I buy it? Maybe. It is a weird question to try and answer. What comes first: the consumer desire for a larger screen or Apple making the case for a larger iOS screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does it need one? No, I'm happy enough with the current screen size.

If they make one would I buy it? Maybe. It is a weird question to try and answer. What comes first: the consumer desire for a larger screen or Apple making the case for a larger iOS screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I’m still moved to a point beyond words when users from other platforms march in here telling us what Apple needs to do. It matters not whether they are android bots, blackberry addicts, or windows folks... and whether they are forum mods, admins or trolls... my reaction is the same: "meh".

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Keep the phone the same size, add phone circuitry to an iPad Mini, and let people use it as a speakerphone or have them tether a bluetooth earpiece to it and communicate that way.

If we can Skype from our iPads, we can phone from them too. Or should be able to.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I would like a 4.3" to 4.5" screen, keeping the same aspect ratio of the current iPhone 5/5C/5S. Nothing over 4.7" please. 5" is too big in my opinion.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Given that Apple puts form at least on the same level of function, if not higher, I don't see an iPhone being any larger than 4.5" in the near future (before 2016). I could see Apple going with around 4.3" for an iPhone's screen size.

As one who prefers phone screens over 5 inches, I would like to see an iPhone in that size range, though.

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Phabelt.....

​Nah Keep it at 5"

I'm with you. I have had a Motorola xt881 with a 4.3" screen that was just a bit too small for reading/modifying a PDF on the fly. I'm back to my 4s as my daily driver with a QWERTY BlackBerry picking up the email end of things for now. Nothing would be as sweet as having one device that could combine a large enough screen to expand graphics without pixelating the hell out of it, allowing for voice dictation for email (aka Siri) and having it all wrapped up in a single device that doesn't look like a clip board held to my ear when it rings. Just my two cents ... OR ... We could go with Keith's idea of wiring up the ipad with phone circuitry. :cant-watch:

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
most up except i5s or 5c with big screen which not surprise from apple .... . in future everybody want iPhone 6 screen must be 4.5 to 5.0 its limit for wonderful device........