Why has my dictation gotten worse with every upgrade on my iPhone 6 Plus?

I

iMore Question

Why has my dictation gotten worse with every upgrade on my iPhone 6 Plus

My dictation on my I phone 6 plus gets worse and worse with every IOS update. Why

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why has my dictation gotten worse with every upgrade on my iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to iMore! I'm not sure. This hasn't been my experience. Dictation had always been considerably good as long as I'm not using my car's Bluetooth.

M_Qtips

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Great question. I think Apple doesn't care much about it, that one. Then why everything even if it doesn't really work, I wanted

by the way, I comment on them every word of this three parables so that it
by the way, I comment on them every word of this three parables

ok, i give up. that nonsense above is my attempt to dictate a reply, that's typical of how poor iOS dictation has become. (i finally gave up and typed this part.) Its like a sick joke, you cant even say it barely works anymore, because it doesn't.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm dictating this response right now and not having an issue. It's not all that bad IMO.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When you set up a new OS, do you use a back up? Either iTunes or iCloud? If so, next time restore or set up as new. Not from a back up. The back up may be corrupted. It's a PITA to do, but worth it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed I've been having more issues lately as well, but could just be me (and the OP of course!). I try to enunciate clearly but could be some words are tough to tell. Like Rob said, the issues tend to be in the car, and I'm wondering if ambient road noise is the culprit.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed I've been having more issues lately as well, but could just be me (and the OP of course!). I try to enunciate clearly but could be some words are tough to tell. Like Rob said, the issues tend to be in the car, and I'm wondering if ambient road noise is the culprit.

I think it's a combination or ambient noise and the car's Bluetooth mic not being as good as the iPhone's mic.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711