Why has my iPhone 6+ become unresponsive?

I

iMore Question

Got a iPhone 6+ and it become unresponsive

it became unresponsive, opens and closes apps by it self,when i lock it I cant unlock it for long periods. Whats happening????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got a iPhone 6+ and it become unresponsive

If I had to guess, I'd say it had water damages of some sort, but it's only use a guess. ​Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you. Having said that, if you don't think it has water damages, AND you have a recent backup of the device, try restoring it via iTunes and then set it up as new.

Steven Elliott1

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Got a iPhone 6+ and it become unresponsive

There might be an app glint that is not properly updated. You will have uninstall the app then re install it. But the big problem is finding the correct app that is causing your phone to shut down.A repair shop will give you an idea maybe what app is doing it. Usually it's game apps causing these problems.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When you say you cant unlock it is that by pressing the home button or stand by key on the side OR it wont swipe?
Theres been a lot of 6+ units failing due to touch screen unresponsive and some of them also report phantom touches.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7028290?tstart=0

LOL, it amazes me how people say "a lot" when it's really not a lot based on millions of units sold.
Anyway, it sounds like a screen issue and it probably needs to be replaced. Make an Appointment with your Apple Store Genius Bar.