Stick with 6+ or move to the 7

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Greetings fellow 6 Plus users. I was wondering if you guys are still satisfied with your 6 Plus or are you ready for the 7/7plus upgrades? My 6+ is the first phone that I have had almost 2 years (come this September). I use to change phones like underwear. I had a brief stint with the SE (4 or 5 days). Realized that even though I had one hand use back, the screen was to small/cramped to me. At this point the 6s Plus is not an option being that the 7 will be here Septemberish. So what's your plans, stick with the 6 Plus or go to the 7/7plus?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting the iPhone 7 or whatever it'll be called in the fall, even though I currently have and enjoy using an iPhone 6S Plus.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Interesting discussion. I'm pretty satisfied with my 6 plus. It was not enough for me to upgrade to the 6s plus. And from what I've read I'm not thinking the iPhone 7 will be different enough for me to upgrade.

If it's true they're coming out with OLED screen on the 7s or 8, may wait for that to come out.

Bottom line, I used to upgrade a lot like OP, but the 6 plus has worked so well I don't see the need to upgrade anytime soon

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I will be upgrading as soon as it is released. I have the SE and it is too small for me. Hopefully the 7 is as unresistable as Tim Cook says it will be.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I think the 6+ is fine. I came from a Nexus 5(great phone btw), but I can't upgrade till fall of next year so i'll be in line for the updated version when that is shown. To be honest though, I'm not looking forward to upgrading to the next iphone unless it's significantly better than the phone I currently have. It's not liking going from one console generation to the next...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm skipping the 7/7 Plus. My 6s Plus is great. It should go another year easily, even if I have to put a new battery in it. And with my very heavy use, I may need to. Looking forward to the 8 Plus or 8 Pro or whatever in September 2017.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Personally I'd hold off for the 8 series. I don't see that much on the 7 that is a radical change from the 6 series. The lack of a headphone jack(not sure if that is actually happening) is a turn off.

In seeing rumours about the 8 series and possibly being edge to edge screen, I think will be pretty cool.

With Apple's stock heading in the wrong direction, I'd expect something a bit radical for the 8 series.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally am going with the 7 Plus. I'm looking forward to the faster A? Chip and more ram. Speculation is there will be a 256 but the 128 is more than enough for me. For me it's more about the inside then looks. If the 7 looks close to the 6s,ok cool. Just want more speed

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I can upgrade in February 2017. Ill prob upgrade to the 7. But i love my 6s Plus right now. Im not sure how i feel about apple maybe removing the headphone jack. Wireless headphones are expensive.

flycoolchick

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Great topic. I used to be the type to upgrade every time a new device hit the market...not so much these days. I think the appeal of a frequent new phone has waned for me because true innovation has sort of slowed IMO. As for my 6Plus, I'm still thoroughly satisfied and have no intentions of moving to the 7. Although my 6Plus will be 2 years old in October, it still feels like a brand new device to me....its a keeper for now.