Why doesn't my iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 9.3 not work with iTunes 12.2.2.25??

mojavedrive

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Every time I connect my iPhone 6S Plus running the latest iOS 9.3 to my MacBook Pro running OSX version 10.7.5 with iTunes 12.2.2.25 I keep getting this error:

"The iPhone ?iPhone-6SPlus? cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes."

Anybody know why??

iOS is latest version and iTunes on my Mac is latest version. Anybody got a work-around or a fix??

P.S. when I use iOS 8.3 with iTunes 12.2.2.25 I have no problems.

Peddiss96

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes. You need to update your Mac to 10.8 or above and then update iTunes to 12.3... Go to the Mac App Store and update to El Capitan for free. Then run a software update and iTunes will update for you as well.

As always, ensure you have a good backup of your Mac. I recommend Time Machine.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes. You need to update your Mac to 10.8 or above and then update iTunes to 12.3... Go to the Mac App Store and update to El Capitan for free. Then run a software update and iTunes will update for you as well.

As always, ensure you have a good backup of your Mac. I recommend Time Machine.

Perhaps his macbook pro is to old to qualify for El Capitan, 10.7.5 is a few major OS updates old. It would be worth a try what you mentioned, but I am oh so curious as to how old the OP's macbook pro is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner