What's the easiest method to get photos synced to my iPad Mini?

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Why when i click on use Icloud to save photos, I get message shown in photo below?

Is there a way to do it without it deleting all my photos?

I want to get my photos to my new ipad mini 4, easiest method??

95d3606bb3b2e8bb67b41b13ea6c30a2.jpg

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Photos in Icloud?

Why not just backup your old photos to your computer using your USB cable to access your pictures, then delete them from your phone to free up some space. That way you won't eventually end up with the same problem on iCloud.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Did you use iTunes to sync photos from your computer? I had photos that I used for wallpapers etc that I would sync via a folder on my desktop. When I enabled iCloud Photo Library it got rid of that folder (which was fine because it's on my computer). From what I remember no photos that I had actually taken with the iPhone were deleted.

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Did you use iTunes to sync photos from your computer? I had photos that I used for wallpapers etc that I would sync via a folder on my desktop. When I enabled iCloud Photo Library it got rid of that folder (which was fine because it's on my computer). From what I remember no photos that I had actually taken with the iPhone were deleted.

So, those on computer are removed from iPhone, but how do I add back ones from PC?

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Why not just backup your old photos to your computer using your USB cable to access your pictures, then delete them from your phone to free up some space. That way you won't eventually end up with the same problem on iCloud.

I don't need to free up space, I want easy way to get all photos taken with iPhone over to iPad mini

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Enabling iCloud Photo Library will not delete your photos, and by enabling it on the iPad Mini, the photos will be in sync.

It will delete photos sync from the computer. Just not those taken with the iPhone.

Enabling photo library will sync the ones you took. You can add the others back manually but unfortunately they will be removed from the phone. I put mine on Dropbox and downloaded the ones I wanted from there after enabling photo library and letting everything sync.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It will delete photos sync from the computer. Just not those taken with the iPhone.

Enabling photo library will sync the ones you took. You can add the others back manually but unfortunately they will be removed from the phone. I put mine on Dropbox and downloaded the ones I wanted from there after enabling photo library and letting everything sync.

Not in my case. My iPhone, Mac and TV are always in-sync regarding pics and iCloud Photo Library is enabled on the devices.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not in my case. My iPhone, Mac and TV are always in-sync regarding pics and iCloud Photo Library is enabled on the devices.

It's supposed to do that.

My point was enabling photo library WILL DELETE existing photos on the phone that were sync over from the computer. Just as the screen shot in the OP said.

I used to sync a folder of about 300 photos ... When I enabled iCloud photo library they stopped syncing and were deleted.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's supposed to do that.

My point was enabling photo library WILL DELETE existing photos on the phone that were sync over from the computer. Just as the screen shot in the OP said.

I used to sync a folder of about 300 photos ... When I enabled iCloud photo library they stopped syncing and were deleted.

When you say "sync over from the computer", do you mean via iTunes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77