Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default "Popping" Noise When Headphones Are Plugged In?

I've noticed an intermittent "popping" noise when I have my headphones plugged in, not unlike the background pops of a vinyl record. When I plug my Apple earbuds (the ones that came with the phone) I get the popping noise. Has anyone else noticed this? My iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5S don't have this issue. As far as I can tell, the popping doesn't occur during phone calls or while listening to music but I only noticed this yesterday and now I'm paranoid. Doesn't help that I dropped the phone before I started to notice this either. Can anyone else confirm this as well? Just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

And if this thread is a duplicate, I apologize. I thought I started a thread on this subject earlier but I can't seem to find it.

Default Re: "Popping" Noise When Headphones Are Plugged In?

Welcome to iMore

It sounds as if some lint got into your headphone jack and is causing this

Try cleaning it out with some alcohol and a Q-tip but if your nervous about it just take it to an Apple Store and have them check it out

Enjoy our site and Post Often