- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
"Popping" Noise When Headphones Are Plugged In?
I've noticed an intermittent "popping" noise when I have my headphones plugged in, not unlike the background pops of a vinyl record. When I plug my Apple earbuds (the ones that came with the phone) I get the popping noise. Has anyone else noticed this? My iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5S don't have this issue. As far as I can tell, the popping doesn't occur during phone calls or while listening to music but I only noticed this yesterday and now I'm paranoid. Doesn't help that I dropped the phone before I started to notice this either. Can anyone else confirm this as well? Just want to make sure I'm not the only one.
And if this thread is a duplicate, I apologize. I thought I started a thread on this subject earlier but I can't seem to find it.
- 11-07-2015, 10:56 AM #2
Re: "Popping" Noise When Headphones Are Plugged In?
Welcome to iMore
It sounds as if some lint got into your headphone jack and is causing this
Try cleaning it out with some alcohol and a Q-tip but if your nervous about it just take it to an Apple Store and have them check it out
Enjoy our site and Post Often
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2016, 07:35 PM
- By blackmagicwoman in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 13Last Post: 11-11-2015, 02:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2015, 05:24 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2015, 01:40 AM
- By avmsam in forum Apple TVReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2015, 09:23 PM