Annoying group message!!! How can I leave it?

I

iMore Question

Annoying group message!!!

I have an iPhone 6 plus and am trying to leave a MASSIVE group text. There is no option at the bottom of my details screen for "Leave conversation", is this option available somewhere else that NO ONE knows about???

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Annoying group message!!!

I have an iPhone 6 plus and am trying to leave a MASSIVE group text. There is no option at the bottom of my details screen for "Leave conversation", is this option available somewhere else that NO ONE knows about???

in settings do you have group messages on or off ?

Sara Himelright

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

My group messages was on but I've turned it off and it still does not allow the option for "leave conversation". If I turn it off, this means that I won't be able to be a part of any other group message right? That's not what I want, I just want to leave the current one...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

My group messages was on but I've turned it off and it still does not allow the option for "leave conversation". If I turn it off, this means that I won't be able to be a part of any other group message right? That's not what I want, I just want to leave the current one...

The leave option is for iMessage group texts only if it has sms members that option is not available.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

As Peligro911 stated, you only have the option to leave the conversation if literally all members are using iMessage. Your other option is to tap on Details (upper right corner from the conversation) and activate the Do Not Disturb toggle. You won't leave the conversation but it will deactivate any notifications and the other group members won't know about it.

Keep in mind, when you leave an iMessage group conversation the other members will be notified that you left.