3rd Party Keyboard

emeraldayotte

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Being an iPhone newbie, I've noticed that when I use a 3rd party it is replaced by the default keyboard in all fields where a password is being typed.

Is that by design? Is anyone aware of how I can completely replace the stock keyboard?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! That is by design. Removing the stock keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards, and then swiping left and tapping DELETE might work but I'm not 100% sure.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will have to give that a try myself. I backed the Next Keyboard on Kickstarter and I will see what it does when I follow those steps.

emeraldayotte

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! That is by design. Removing the stock keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards, and then swiping left and tapping DELETE might work but I'm not 100% sure.

In trying out the iOS version, I'm really looking for a split keyboard in landscape and the android version offers custom layouts.

Is there a way to have a split keyboard to make typing easier in landscape?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In trying out the iOS version, I'm really looking for a split keyboard in landscape and the android version offers custom layouts.

Is there a way to have a split keyboard to make typing easier in landscape?

I haven't heard of split keyboards being available for non-jailbroken iPhones. I'm sure it's a limitation that Apple has in place.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the SwiftKey keyboard only. I deleted the stock keyboard, but it still comes up for passwords and stuff. It's for security, since the 3rd party keyboards folks can see your typing. So Apple made it that way by design. It could change later where you can choose to allow 3rd party keyboards to post passwords.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh