Anyone with a 6 Plus just waiting for the iPhone 7 next year?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a 128 gig iPhone 6 Plus which is doing more than fine for me at the moment. Anyone else just thinking of waiting for the next iPhone next year, the iPhone 7?

I saw an article about a mock up of a "radical" new design and I thought I'd stick it out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not necessarily waiting for next year's iPhone as much as I am still enjoying my iPhone 6 Plus. Having said that, I don't plan on upgrading to the 6S or the 6S Plus.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This was my year to upgrade but FWIW I don't plan to upgrade to iPhone 7 next year. I've been happy keeping my cellphones a couple of years

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the 5s (my first iPhone) to the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus and I also plan on upgrading to the iPhone 7 Plus as well....I'm hooked, and plan on upgrading to the latest, greatest Apple iPhone on a yearly basis...SMILE

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a 128 gig iPhone 6 Plus which is doing more than fine for me at the moment. Anyone else just thinking of waiting for the next iPhone next year, the iPhone 7?

I saw an article about a mock up of a "radical" new design and I thought I'd stick it out.

Me! I figure I'll just wait for the 7.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Def waiting pretty much because I'm over-satisfied with the 6+. I used to switch phones every year and I've had this for a year straight now. The iPhone 7 might have something to entice me.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This was my year to upgrade but FWIW I don't plan to upgrade to iPhone 7 next year. I've been happy keeping my cellphones a couple of years

Yea, I want to do that with my next upgrade. I'm actually kind of exhausted with the tech rollover and I've even been pretty lazy about even reading tech blogs and tech news the past few months. I completely forgot about the Apple Keynote, the Google Keynote, and Samsung Keynotes, and when the Microsoft Keynote was going on I played Diablo III instead. Lol.

At this point I just want a good device to keep for 2-3 years and enjoy not caring for a good long while.

It doesn't hurt that my training schedule has ramped up quite a bit as well. Helps keep my mind off tech.

I still enjoy discussing things. I just find it hard to be excited (or put in a mood of "anticipation") considering what has been released the past couple of years.

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I can upgrade right now but I have the 6plus now and think I'm gonna wait for the 7 Because the s models aren't the big upgrade ushlay the second year is better so yep I'll be waiting

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can upgrade right now but I have the 6plus now and think I'm gonna wait for the 7 Because the s models aren't the big upgrade ushlay the second year is better so yep I'll be waiting

Yes, I was going to do that as well, but with 17 different upgrades (the largest "s" upgrade in Apple history) from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus, I'm glad I did. The 6s Plus is a totally different device than the 6 Plus just like the commercial says.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I want to do that with my next upgrade. I'm actually kind of exhausted with the tech rollover and I've even been pretty lazy about even reading tech blogs and tech news the past few months. I completely forgot about the Apple Keynote, the Google Keynote, and Samsung Keynotes, and when the Microsoft Keynote was going on I played Diablo III instead. Lol.

At this point I just want a good device to keep for 2-3 years and enjoy not caring for a good long while.

It doesn't hurt that my training schedule has ramped up quite a bit as well. Helps keep my mind off tech.

I still enjoy discussing things. I just find it hard to be excited (or put in a mood of "anticipation") considering what has been released the past couple of years.

I love tech but I'd rather wait for the bloggers to dissect the keynotes and scope out the highlights. It's been rare that there has been an improvement from year to year that had me so excited, I had to replace my stuff right away. Haswell CPUs were the last big jump for me because the batteries were improved so much in mobile devices. As it is though my desktop is still an Ivy Bridge system and it is running great! We're living in a time of incremental upgrades now. Even stuff that is 4-5 years old runs pretty good. I couldn't imagine still running my 486 from 1994 after I got my first Win 98 machine when I was growing up!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the 6 plus, and upgraded to the iPhone 6s. I loved my 6 plus, but after fooling around with my wife's iPhone 6s i had to. It was noticeably faster than my 6 plus and the ram upgrade sealed the deal. I think I will stick with my iPhone 6s for a while. And my wife loves her rose gold 6s. We are good to go. Maybe even past the 7 and 7s.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After using the 16 gb iP 5 for 2 years, I was ready for the 64 gb 6s Plus. I'm looking at upgrading to the 7s Plus in two years.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am holding on to my 5 till they have usb type-C of charging introduced. Even if it means to wait till iPhone10 or till my phone breaks down, whichever is earlier.:)

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm holding off... I ordered wifey her pink (yeahyeahrosegold) iphone and it'll be here tuesday... I've been trying out a note5 and might just go to that and keep her 6plus (16gb ugh) as a backup for the stuff the note 5 doesn't do or that i prefer from ios... having 2 phones has actually been nice for me, haven't done that since the days blackberry was so popular and android was out....

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I did upgrade my 6 plus to the 6S plus but I bought it sim free which means that I can still use my upgrade to get the 7 in September.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love my 6 Plus, however I am very excited about the possibility of getting an iPhone 7 Plus if/ when it's released.

Bill SAHND

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6 plus with AT&T. I have had so many problems with people not hearing me when I immediately call after getting off of a current call and call dropping that I am investigating other models. Never had all these problems with the 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR