iPhone 6 Plus screen becomes unresponsive
Hello iMore forum members!
I have had two instances where my iPhone 6 Plus' screen becomes unresponsive, nothing at all will swipe, tap or work. I press the power button to lock the screen and then the phone does not respond when pressing the home or power button.
My phone is in pristine condition, never been dropped, always in a case, never in my pocket and taken care of very well.
I run just the basic Apple apps and the usual social media apps, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. No gaming or other apps that would cause the phone to be overloaded.
Any idea of what could be causing this? Buggy iOS 9? (I updated to iOS 9.1 today but the problem happened tonight and last week)
- 10-21-2015, 09:26 PM #2
- 2,490 Posts
Re: iPhone 6 Plus screen becomes unresponsive
I would guess it's either iOS 9, which has been pretty buggy ... or hardware. Is your phone still under warranty? If so, a Genius Bar appt may be in order. Sounds like you've updated to iOS 9.1 already. I was gonna suggest that. Another thing you can try is resetting your phone to factory settings and setting it up as new to see if that helps.
- By iMore Question in forum iPad mini 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 07:48 PM
- By BFGmentalead in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 07:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 05:18 PM
- By thomaaas in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 05:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 03:59 PM