Need some input IPhone 6 Plus replacement or IPhone 6 S

amyf27

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok my iPhone 6 Plus is having major issues. The freezing screens. The gray bar over texts and lately red screen-reboot on its own 4 times this morning alone

It's through work should I get another 6 Plus or opt for the 6S. The S Plus isn't in stock around here and I'd be ok with the smaller one. I would be stuck with either for two years before I couldnupgrade.

I love taking photos and also use it heavily for work and other activities like tracking cycling routes. Music. Etc. I prefer larger phone screens but I also prefer one that'll keep working for two years

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ultimately, it's your decision. If you want the bigger screen and better battery life, wait for the plus. I don't personally care for the bigger form factor. I love the size of the 6s. I think a lot of the issues are with iOS 9. Maybe try the public beta 5 and see if that helps with your freezing issues.

Also, if it really is a hardware issue, Apple will replace it for you. They have stock specifically for replacements. But they will only replace for the exact model/size of the one having issues. You won't be able to go from a plus to a 6s or switch capacity or colors.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The gray bar on text is the audio text feature. It's activicated by pressing the mic on the right. Some clear it by tapping the character count. I got rid of it by swiping it out of multitasking. That worked for me and it has not come back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2