Android users switched to IPhone

amyf27

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Curious to hear from other long time Android users that have made the switch over to Apple. I get my phone and service through work. This year for my upgrade I had to go over to IPhones as they're changing all employees to that line. First time IPhone user. Definitely some things to get used to but it's working out great so far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The switch, in and of itself, should not be a problem, but there will be a minor annoyance while adapting to the way things are done in iOS as opposed to whatever Android version you're currently familiar with. Once you get the hang of it, the experience will hopefully be pleasant to you.

pjs37

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
So I came from a Samsung Galaxy S6 to an iPhone 6S Plus. I used to use an iPhone my last one was a iPhone 4; then I switched to Windows Phone (900 and 920) and then I jumped to a OnePlus One and then finally the Samsung Galaxy S6. I had a few reasons for the jump:

1. My car has an iPod input which volume-wise is a fair bit louder then the AUX or Bluetooth inputs don't know why but it is
  2. My Android devices had lousy battery life and would heat up a fair bit. The OnePlus was nice overall though I was disappointed in the camera and I was having Voicemail issues where it would be a long lag before I got my voicemail.
  3. My Samsung especially with the 5.1.1 update started having serious issues connecting to my car's Bluetooth. This is a deal breaker for me. I am on the road a good chunk of my day and I like being able to listen to my media. This is what pushed me ahead after a whole weekend involving many hours of driving and the Bluetooth failing continuously I gave up.
  4. Performance has always been hit or miss despite the huge processor and ram allotment it would still lag and the ram clears out rapidly.

Do I miss some things? Sure mostly Google Now which I consider a better solution to Siri (Especially since Siri has yet to actually give me a traffic conditions update despite my setting it up) and I do miss Windows Phone (But I left that for a whole bunch of other reasons at the time) and there is some cool stuff you can do on Android like the Microsoft Authenticator would just pop up a message asking me to allow access instead of having to type a whole code in each time.

The notification menu does help a lot in the whole Widget regards thing so I don't miss that; but I do miss my App Drawer I think that is a cool way to hide away a lot of unused apps.

What I love about my iPhone? Battery life is amazing for one; it is smooth as glass reminds me of my Windows Phone; app selection is nice but the app quality is better; and stuff just works nicely which is what I like.

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had nearly all the android phones that T-mobile offered... since the G1 to the Notes... Used to be able to get the new phones or at least try them as an employee... Switched to the 6 plus last march and haven't looked back... Having a phone that simply works, without having to root or compromise, is great.. awesome camera, good battery life... I don't miss android...

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Started with an LG Optimus V a number of years ago. After that, I went to a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G, then, to the big daddy (at the time), the Galaxy S3. I kept the S3 for two years. I had it rooted, as well as all my Androids before it. I messed with custom ROMs in order to improve battery life, eliminate bloat, and speed up performance and all that. It was fun, but got old after a while. I briefly got a Note 4, then jumped to the iPhone 6 right after that.

I love not having to root to make my phone tolerable and usable. Lol.

I'm sure things have improved on the Android side of things, especially with the new Nexus phones, but I'm very happy on the Apple side of the fence.

I switched to Macs from PCs a number of years ago for music production for some of the same reasons, I got tired of messing around with my tech to make it work to its potential. I just want these things to do their job out of the box. iPhone does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iAstonish01

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I've used pretty much every android phone on Verizon and att since the g1 dream lol I'm a big android enthusiast and member of xda and still enjoy android.

That said, I switched to a 6plus for a test drive and ended up getting the 6s plus. It's true what they say about iOS being refined. I was surprised at how well it ran with only 1gb of ram and it runs even better with 2.

What I enjoy most about the 6/6s plus though is the battery life. Can't get this kind of usage out of any android flagship, even the note line. Battery is awesome, it allowed me to use the phone more as a mini tablet around the house and an ereader and I've been gaming on it more as well because I don't have to limit usage to save the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I started using Android with the HTC Evo. I got into rooting and ROMing and customization. Fast forward to 2014/2015 and the only phone I feel the need to root is the OnePlus and that's just to test out OxygenOS and use the Chinese version camera apk. I go through the HTC One(M8), Lg G3, Moto X 2014 and I don't root a one of them.

Because I switch phones so often, I'm always on Craig's List or Swappa buying and selling phones. I bought my very first iPhone back in September and kept it for a couple of days. When I went to resell it, I put a higher price on it than what I paid for it and I had lot's of hits and sold it for $50 more than what I paid for it. Then I bought a iPhone 5. It had the sleep/wake button issue so I set up an appointment with the Apple store to get it repaired for free. I ended up getting a new device because when I factory reset the phone, it stopped reading my sim card. So a couple of days later I have a new iPhone 5 in my possession and immediately sell it for double what I paid for it. I won a Best Buy gift card and bought a 6s and sold that one for a profit.

The bottom line, I'm an iPhone user because iPhones keep their resell value way better than any Android phone. Is iOS better than Android? No, not at all. I hate that I can't make one clean screen and have an app drawer. I hate how many times I have to sign in with my Apple ID for all the App Store, Music and iCloud. But Apple does one thing that I wish Google would do: dictate updates to carriers. Every iPhone that wants it(iPhone 4s and newer) is on iOS 9.0.2. That, to me, is completely and totally awesome.

emeraldayotte

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been a long time android user also and just recently switched to the 6 before getting the 6+.

Couple of things that I miss:

1. Being able to move icons wherever I want on my home screen. Small annoyance that I think I can get over with time.

2. Dedicated back button. I know that the back gesture is available but doesn't seem to work in all apps. Also I know that you can switch back/forth between apps but the implementation of it isn't great. Maybe a two finger gesture would be better.

3. Google Now. Didn't think I would miss it as much until I tried to use Siri.

4. The ability to set default apps. For example being able to set Chrome as my standard browser instead of safari.

I think that I can eventually get over all of these annoyances over time because there are so many things that I do enjoy about iOS so far. Battery life alone has made me question why I stuck with android as long as I have. I've been off my charger since 6:30 this morning and used the phone more than my Note4 with still 61% left...amazing!

The other major reason for switching was os updates. Ridiculous to see that Marshmallow is about to be released and my almost year old phone was 2 updates behind with no apparent plan to get updates.

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I thought for sure I would miss Android but I don't. It's nice to not have virus scanners, battery optimization apps etc on my device. It is also nice not having to root it. On the other hand I guess I could miss having replaceable battery to swap but the 6 plus battery lasts me all day. I unplug when I leave to go to work at 6 am at 100% and come home at 3pm with 92%. I got rid of my iPad and my surface 3 since I spend so much time reading on my 6 plus. My husband and I just share a laptop plus I have a laptop at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2