iPhone 6 Plus Restore Question
I recently traded my iPhone 6 for an iPhone 6 Plus. While the devices were in transit I used a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Is it possible to restore my iPhone 6 Plus from the iCloud backup for my iPhone 6 but transfer text messages over using the Move to iOS app? From what I have been able to tell it seems like it is one or the other but I was hoping someone had a better idea.
- 09-21-2015, 01:49 PM #2
- 09-21-2015, 04:29 PM #5
- 2,207 Posts
Re: iPhone 6 Plus Restore Question
Well according to Macworld:
A friendly PSA: the app only works if you’re setting up your iPhone or iPad as a new device. If you were super eager to get started and already began customizing it, you’re out of luck. You’ll need to follow Apple’s guide or chart your own path in order to move over the content.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- 09-21-2015, 05:20 PM #7
- 09-21-2015, 05:26 PM #8
- By Jstoney in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-21-2015, 06:48 PM
- By jkeitz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2015, 11:11 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2015, 09:30 AM