Photos not sorting correctly in Photos app

Skippermark

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My photos are sorting out of order in the "Collections" view only. If I view the photos in "Moments" view, it shows correctly.

If you notice in the photo below, it shows Jul 5 - Sep 7 then below that Jul 19. This happened with iOS 8 and now with iOS 9. It also sorts this exact same way on my Mac and my iPad...every other folder sorts correctly.

On all 3 devices, I've disabled iCloud Photo Library and re-downloaded every photo from iCloud. I even formatted my phone with a new install but no luck...the photos appear this way as soon as they're downloaded. It doesn't matter if I download full size or optimized. I even deleted all the Jul 19 photos from the Photos library and re-uploaded the originals but still no luck.

I did add a couple photos that my wife shared with me in our shared tab, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. The date & time on her photos is correct, so it's nothing with the date messing it up that I can see.

It's not terrible, but it's annoying having the photos showing out of order since I don't always want to see July stuff first. I want to see more recent stuff when I only scroll up a little.

Any thoughts?

IMG_0955.jpg

Skippermark

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Keith...any idea how they decide on the sort order? Other than the NH photos always going to the bottom, all other photos, including others from NH and other places are all sorted by date in collections.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2