Keyboard keeps on changing back to thr Apple one

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am using the SwiftKey keyboard but changes back to thr Apple one even if I took it off as an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Just remember if its for a password, it will always show the  keyboard even if you deleted it. However I'm on beta 9.1 and it rarely shows up except for passwords. What iOS version are you on? If it's 8, wait for 9, it'll help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did that a while ago but still shows up and besides when you input a password

Only when for passwords. It should not show otherwise. It's going to for passwords. That's intentional for security reasons. Apple should give us the option to trust 3rd party keyboards. But if something were to happen, they would be blamed! LOL

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Only when for passwords. It should not show otherwise. It's going to for passwords. That's intentional for security reasons. Apple should give us the option to trust 3rd party keyboards. But if something were to happen, they would be blamed! LOL

As I just said before.....it shows up besides when I'm inputting passwords......like here

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
As I just said before.....it shows up besides when I'm inputting passwords......like here

Manually change it again anywhere the stock keyboard shows up. It has a weird thing where it remembers the last working keyboard. Change it manually and you should be good.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
11a1a751faf5751b49f2d0349208b9aa.jpg

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Manually change it again anywhere the stock keyboard shows up. It has a weird thing where it remembers the last working keyboard. Change it manually and you should be good.

That's the problem....I shouldn't be changing it all the time

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

That's the problem....I shouldn't be changing it all the time

Two things. First, hit edit on your keyboard settings and move it to the top of the list. Second, after that you should only have to manually select to use SwiftKey in app, once more per app that it doesn't show up on.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Two things. First, hit edit on your keyboard settings and move it to the top of the list. Second, after that you should only have to manually select to use SwiftKey in app, once more per app that it doesn't show up on.

Placement doesn't matter because the GIF keyboard isn't in question..... My phone decides to switch to the Apple keyboard at times and I don't even have it as an option.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Placement doesn't matter because the GIF keyboard isn't in question..... My phone decides to switch to the Apple keyboard at times and I don't even have it as an option.

With 9.0 GM and 9.1 it should only change to Apple's keyboard with multiple text fields or apps that don't support third party keyboards.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
With 9.0 GM and 9.1 it should only change to Apple's keyboard with multiple text fields or apps that don't support third party keyboards.

This has been an ongoing problem since I was on 8.3 ( or 8.4 whichever was the one that was with Apple music)?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This has been an ongoing problem since I was on 8.3 ( or 8.4 whichever was the one that was with Apple music)?

Can you give specific of where you are seeing the Apple keyboard instead of SwiftKey? What's apps, what scenarios, etc.?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you give specific of where you are seeing the Apple keyboard instead of SwiftKey? What's apps, what scenarios, etc.?

It's really random and can't really remember when exactly but it has happened using Tapatalk a few times and the messenger app.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's really random and can't really remember when exactly but it has happened using Tapatalk a few times and the messenger app.

I haven't had any issues with SwiftKey or SwiftKey beta with Tapatalk on 9.0 GM or 9.1. Did you allow full access?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal