Screen has lifted after a fall :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone fell from about 3ft onto wooden flooring and the screen has slightly lifted away from the back of the phone, it has made a small gap between the screen and the back case. I am gutted :/

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Could still try the apple store, they have been known to help someone out without applecare from time to time.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The screen is coming out of the casing? Got a photo? LOL I can't seem to get a mental picture of what you're saying.

I will post a picture as soon as I get home to show what I mean lol ?226 for Apple to replace it! I am just worried that liquid will get through into the phone through the small gap which would break the phone completely

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at my iPhone 6 Plus with the official Apple Leather case on and I'm really trying to figure out how this could have happened with the case on as the case actually wraps around the edges of the screen. I would like to see the photos.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It was in the official iPhone 6 plus case from Apple, the phone still works perfectly but there is now a gap between the case and the screen.

What is "the official iPhone 6 plus case from Apple"? Neither of the Apple-branded cases provide much protection. One is made of leather, the other of silicone.

As others have suggested, you can try Apple and see what they say. If they say "no", then you will be exactly where you are now. You got nothing to lose.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking at my iPhone 6 Plus with the official Apple Leather case on and I'm really trying to figure out how this could have happened with the case on as the case actually wraps around the edges of the screen. I would like to see the photos.

It can happen. The case doesn't provide that much protection. I've dropped the phone on its face from my hip to the ground with the case and the right bottom side of the screen popped out a bit.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It can happen. The case doesn't provide that much protection. I've dropped the phone on its face from my hip to the ground with the case and the right bottom side of the screen popped out a bit.

Oh, I'm sure it can. I'm not saying it's not possible, I would just like to see photos. I've dropped my iPhone 6 Plus with the Apple Leather case on but it has always been dropped on carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711