After new firmware update, my 6+ is in beast mode!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I thought it was a fluke...On Friday I checked my battery life and it said like 19 hours, and my jaw dropped. I didn't want to jump to conclusions though because I kept thinking that maybe something was off, and I was getting a bad reading. So I charged my phone and then didn't think about it...checked it today at 2% and this is what I got...

I don't know what kind of drug they fed my little iPhone, but I'm certainly not complaining!

IMG_6300.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My 6+ battery has been beastly too on iOS 9 getting about 45 hours standby with about 11-13 hours usage.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Unless you were on your phone 20 out of 37 hours, something was running in the background to boost your usage stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine has consistently been giving me around 13 hours of decent usage. If I barely use it though it'll last me a good 2 days

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless you were on your phone 20 out of 37 hours, something was running in the background to boost your usage stats.

I've been streaming Twitch and using the podcasts app overnight lately, so it's definitely being used more so than normal during times it would be asleep. Still, two battery cycles in a row approaching 20 hours is a nice number.

There may be something running in the background, but I usually close out my apps before bed except the ones I'm using (the previously mentioned streaming apps included)...the Facebook app pretty much spells out that it was running in the background on the screen capture above, and I don't use Facebook anywhere near that much, so that could also attribute to it.

Either way, I'm getting awesome battery life out of this thing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been streaming Twitch and using the podcasts app overnight lately, so it's definitely being used more so than normal during times it would be asleep. Still, two battery cycles in a row approaching 20 hours is a nice number.

There may be something running in the background, but I usually close out my apps before bed except the ones I'm using (the previously mentioned streaming apps included)...the Facebook app pretty much spells out that it was running in the background on the screen capture above, and I don't use Facebook anywhere near that much, so that could also attribute to it.

Either way, I'm getting awesome battery life out of this thing.

My point exactly. It's not the same as if it was 20 hours on screen time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this post. I'll upgrade my to 8.4 now. I was hesitating when I first got the update notification but if it will give me better battery life then I'm all for it!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods