iPhone eligible for camera replacement program

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just noticed that my serial number is eligible for the camera exchange program, but I never felt there is anything wrong with my camera. I also never felt there was a huge improvement from the 5S too.

Just the basic camera that takes good quality photos, the one I am always used to. So I wanted to ask, when Apple added my phone to the list does this mean they are confident its affected by the issue, or they just added all those sold between September and January because they can't pinpoint exactly the devices affected with the issue.

I am really feeling worried right now, I am not a profession photographer or something but at least I find the photos I take with the 6 Plus looking good... I attached a few I just took now for you guys to see, maybe there is a defect and I am not noticing it.

View attachment 88521View attachment 88522View attachment 88523View attachment 88524

Video: http://youtu.be/C_Q4NhVRs4M

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Depending on how often the camera module is used, it may be a number-of-times used factor. Which means, in your case, the problem could show up tomorrow or in a few months time. For a real heavy camera user, it would probably have already presented itself as an issue, and the feedback from those failures led Apple to the recall.

If my phone were listed, I would return it ASAP.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Depending on how often the camera module is used, it may be a number-of-times used factor. Which means, in your case, the problem could show up tomorrow or in a few months time. For a real heavy camera user, it would probably have already presented itself as an issue, and the feedback from those failures led Apple to the recall.

If my phone were listed, I would return it ASAP.

I bought my phone from my carrier here in Qatar (Ooredoo Qatar) which is an official Apple partner, but Qatar is not listed under the iSight replacement program. Other countries in the Middle East are listed though, as the UAE, KSA and Egypt, even Bahrain but not Qatar. Not sure what my options are though...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I would then speak to the Apple partner you purchased it from. And again, knowing Apple, they probably are recalling an entire block of manufactured phones, even though only, say 25% of a particular block number may fail. So you may want to wait and see if it fails, and if it does, the recall would give you a greater return bargaining position with the Apple partner.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though my 6 Plus doesn't fall in the purchased time zone, I checked my serial number anyway just to be sure. My camera is working great.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How do I go about checking which serial numbers are effected my wife's acts funny and ended up getting a random scratch even tho it's in a case

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from a note 3 to this 6+ and I always heard rave reviews about the camera. I started taking pictures and is say 25% come out slightly blurry. I thought people were just over boasting the camera and not really seeing it for what it was really worth. I also figured ois would correct most of the blurry pics. So I searched and found out mine fell into the window for replacement checking. They were too busy today to look at it so maybe I will make an apt for Wednesday to have someone look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If it's eligible for replacement, I'd definitely look into this. It may be fine now but could potentially fail later. Like my laptop cord, I got a replacement because it could start a fire. Doesn't mean it will but should I risk it? No way.
Sent from my 640 using Tapatalk Classic.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine falls into this program but when I read into it just because it is eligible it also says you have to be experiencing blurry images while taking pictures. I have not so I have not taken it in for that reason. I got my 6 plus on launch and have not had a issue.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine falls into this program but when I read into it just because it is eligible it also says you have to be experiencing blurry images while taking pictures. I have not so I have not taken it in for that reason. I got my 6 plus on launch and have not had a issue.

Lucky. About a month before they announced this camera replacement, my phone completely crashed because of the camera. They had to replace the camera and it was working fine after. When he told me the camera caused my crash, I looked at him crazy! I'm still having issues but who cares, the new phone will be out soon.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Lucky. About a month before they announced this camera replacement, my phone completely crashed because of the camera. They had to replace the camera and it was working fine after. When he told me the camera caused my crash, I looked at him crazy! I'm still having issues but who cares, the new phone will be out soon.

I wouldn't care too much but my phone will prob go to someone in my family. I will deal with it if it has issues. I highly doubt Apple is going to replace my phone based on a serial number without having any issues.

rlkant18

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I took my phone in in June cause the camera was acting up so they replaced the camera and now the phone serial number is eligible forms replacement. When I went to the Apple Store, the guy messed around taking photos for a while and said your fine he also said this quality control is going in for three years so if the issue persists, just bring the phone in.