- iMore Beginner
- 58 Posts
Bought the Apple iPad charger Power Adapter(12 w)
Picked up a Power Adapter 12 w at the Apple Store today. So it's used to charge the iPads, but I bought it to charge my iPhone 6 plus and boy did it charge fast! I noticed with the power adapter that came with the phone, it charges slower. Coming from an iPhone 6 I wasn't so used to my phone charging slow and honestly I didn't like it. I'm glad I got this adapter because my phone charges faster now! I read that it was ok to charge my phone with it but not a good idea to keep it plugged in over night. Anyone else use the 12 w power adapter to charge their 6 plus??
Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
- 08-04-2015, 12:06 AM #2
- 08-04-2015, 09:09 AM #3
Re: Bought the Apple iPad charger Power Adapter(12 w)
I do, as well.
The Apple website lists all of the chargers (5W, 10W and 12W) as compatible with all iPhone and iPod models. There is circuitry within the devices to limit the charge to 5W for devices prior to the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but the chargers are still compatible. And the iPhone 6/6 Plus do charge faster, as the OP stated.
- 08-04-2015, 11:47 AM #4
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2015, 10:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2015, 10:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2015, 09:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2015, 09:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2015, 07:01 PM