Any Android jumpers jailbreaking?

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So I apologize if this gets deleted because I don't know if we are allowed to talk about jailbreaking ( mods i apologize being new to the forum after many years) BUT....

I have been an android guy and think I want to try something new and come back to apple. But, I love the customization and been watching endless youtube videos of jailbreaking tweaks which can add lots of android like tweaks. So my question to those who have made the switch to Ios... have you jailbroken your 6 plus or 6 for that matter and added some android-eque tweaks? That is my initial motivation to make the switch to be honest. I will probably wait for the 6s+ obviously.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have not jailbroken my 6 Plus and probably won't. I do wish there was some customization though.

Sent from the Elegance

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't jailbreak my devices, but I can understand why people do. I just want my devices to work without any issues.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
When I first switched from android I jailbroke my phone because I wanted the customization of android but as I've gotten older and lost the need to customize I just use my phone stock. Sometime I feel the need to jailbreak but it doesn't last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6 plus jailbroken and love it. While iOS has come a long way, jailbreaking still provides you with some amazing tweaks!

ba70b96068f89641184b8a59605bd27c.jpg

Split screen goodness

Sent from my Six Plus

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
looks awesome. Having had a note 2-4 I have never really used split screen except to show it off to someone. But, good to know its available on a tweak. What else have you done to it beyond fire? I'd be curious, being an android guy.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
looks awesome. Having had a note 2-4 I have never really used split screen except to show it off to someone. But, good to know its available on a tweak. What else have you done to it beyond fire? I'd be curious, being an android guy.

I've themed the icons, status bar and font. Installed a better app switcher, some keyboard gesture tweaks. Basically the kind of tweaks you can get from custom launchers. Obviously there are way more tweaks out there but I keep it pretty simple.

Sent from my Six Plus

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've themed the icons, status bar and font. Installed a better app switcher, some keyboard gesture tweaks. Basically the kind of tweaks you can get from custom launchers. Obviously there are way more tweaks out there but I keep it pretty simple.

Sent from my Six Plus

Do you mind sharing your home screen? I'd love to see the icons, status bar and font changes!

firenet

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Have come from rooted Nexus 5.
Without jailbreaking I would not have got the iPhone. I have over 30 tweaks but since the iPhone is so good I have not noticed any slowdown or adverse effects.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks awesome. Love the batman logo. I am now tempted to get a 6 plus now so I can jailbreak it, in case it takes many months to jailbreak ios 9. Hmm what to do.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have jailbroken almost every single iPhone of mine including the 6. As I'm using iPhone 5S gold, it is also jailbroken. I was an android guy too but the jailbreak tweaks+iOS stability and performance are a killer combination.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that when the 6s+ plus is announced and released it will be on ios9 and I would have to wait for someone to jailbreak it. Does it sometimes take a long time like some android devices to accomplish root? If I bought a 6+ now it would be awesome to jailbreak and tweak it but then ill be choked if the rumors of a bump in Ram etc happens in 6 weeks. What to do, what to do!

iM4CH3T3

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes I'm jailbroken on 4 devices. But I haven't any android like tweaks installed. You don't need these android tweaks. You will see ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438623590.467840.jpg

Tapatalked from iPhone

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The short answer no. I haven't jailbroken because I wanted to move away from tweaking, rooting, roms etc. with Android. I was super heavy into it and got burnt out. I will not jailbreak any idevices that I have.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I haven't used android but I only jailbreak for additional features. The big one is Audiorecorder which records all my phone calls. It helps with clients to be able to review conversations if I need to. I don't really care about changing the way things look so I don't do any of that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711